Shutt Velo Rapide

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

betty swollocks

large member
I ordered this top from them in long sleeve medium. Their online ordering service allowed me to do so and processed the order.
Two days later i received an item I did not want - ie short sleeve small.
I emailed them and was advised them of this and their reply was that the actual item I wanted was out of stock and could I return what I did receive and they would refund my postage?
I am surprised at the little amount of effort they have made to retain a first-time customer.......
  • no mention of refunding the shipping costs I paid in getting sent what turned out to be an unwanted item
  • no advising me of when item I do want will be in stock
  • no suggestion of an alternative
Do they want my custom or not?

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Why not ask them rather than us?

yello

Shutt have a reputation for excellent customer service. I suspect that developed from their small and loyal customer base being genuinely well served. Shutt are getting bigger and maybe they are having transitional problems or maybe they are getting a little slack, because the service you received bs is not to their (perhaps former) standard. I'd be interested to know how they responded when you told them of your dissatisfaction.

I've only bought one item from Shutt. It is a quality item for sure, and it's turned out to be more useful than I initially expected it to be in fairness, but I was aware of their customer service reputation in advance and I was.... not overwhelmed. No minus points but nothing special. No, I wasn't expecting 'love & kisses, Shutt' but there was nothing to mark it out as a cut above.

Berties

Fast and careful!
Great looking jersey ,have a word with them,I am sure there has been a blip,good luck

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
This is the very first time I have heard someone have a groan about Schutt.
They do make excellent kit. Their bib shorts are the most comfortable pair that I have.
Companies though can't always get things right 100% of the time.

It definitely worth speaking to them you never know you might just have caught someone on an off day. I had a similar experience with Primal Europe when I received a faulty jersey and no replacement was available until I contacted their american office who were superb even offering to ship a jersey from the states. It turned out PE were moving office to the UK hence the customer service issues.

toontra

Veteran
They seem to carry very low stock levels in general. A few times I've been tempted to buy jerseys (in different styles) but as luck would have it they have never been in stock in my size (medium) when I've looked.

OP
OP
betty swollocks

betty swollocks

large member
......and thanks everyone else for their comments.
I await the reply from Shutt. The small s/s is beautiful.......just not what I ordered.

Moodyman

Legendary Member
I could've sworn they were a local company - Ilkley. Yet, when I checked their website they now show their address as Northants.

Perhaps they moved South and lost their Northern art for delivering good service. Anyhow, hope you get things sorted Betty.

OP
OP
betty swollocks

betty swollocks

large member
I could've sworn they were a local company - Ilkley. Yet, when I checked their website they now show their address as Northants.

Perhaps they moved South and lost their Northern art for delivering good service. Anyhow, hope you get things sorted Betty.
Thank you :rolleyes:

OP
OP
betty swollocks

betty swollocks

large member
Just to update people: Shutt came up trumps in the end.
I rang them and asked when the item I ordered would be in stock and advised that the unwanted item I was sent in error, had been put in the post back to them.
They said that deliveries of my ordered jersey were due in late Aug/early Sept and later emailed to offer their newest version of this for the price I originally paid.
I accepted their offer and will be using them again.

Top Bottom