Sick of being sat in traffic!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
HelenD123 said:
Excellent! I feel much more confident after reading it.
And every now and again dip in and re-read Cyclecraft too.

Welcome and as a girl I would say I had to learn that cleaning my bike occasionally isn't just to keep it looking pretty but that it also helps to stop bits wearing out - specifically keeping wheels pumped up (prevent punctures), wheel rims clean (the rubbish on the rims wears the rims down), and lubricate the chain.

sheddy

Legendary Member
L, how are your bike handling skills ? If they are a bit rusty you might want to try some quieter routes at the weekends first. We don't want to lose you under a car

yenrod

Lisa1979 said:
Hi All,
I'm new to this board...
having being sat in traffic for tooooo many hours, I thought I’d change my life and do my bit by cycling to work. Joined here to check out any pit falls / dangers etc associated with it.
also just testing if i have posted correctly!
Lisa

1 of the few who actually put a pic as their profile pic !

OP
OP
Lisa1979

Lisa1979

sheddy said:
L, how are your bike handling skills ? If they are a bit rusty you might want to try some quieter routes at the weekends first. We don't want to lose you under a car

well i can ride, both fast and slow so hopefully i can handle the busy roads. I dont have the shoes that clip to the pedals so hopefully wont be falling over at the lights! anyway time will tell as tommorow is my 1st commute day!

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
A fishy theme seems to be common around these parts (long story involving a windup of a certain forum member called Bonj - you'll undoubtedly hear from him at some point.... hes, how can I put it, argumentatively challenged??) ;)

Seriously though, most people on here are fine.

Avoid Bunfights though, there's only really 2 people in there who need to just get together, have sex and everything will be okay with the world. :wacko:;)

Arch

Married to Night Train
Welcome Lisa, another lady here. I dunno about the trim bum - my trouble is I think "I cycled, so I deserve cake":blush:

I think most stuff has already been said, so, welcome, and enjoy your cycling! With regard to traffic you can become a road warrior or develop a zen attitude, the latter is better for you, but you might find you slip into the former every so often! ;)

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Lisa1979 said:
thanks snorri, but i would look a bit silly with one of those on my back! :tongue:
Lisa

Yes but they are handy to lash out at car drivers who get too close ;)

yenrod

Lisa1979 said:
yes i began to notice that yesterday! shall i change it do you think?

Well whatever you do DONT put a bloody fish's head as your pic or a variant of it - as everyones got one ! - only to take the mick outta BOnj.

Id leave it personally as your quite pleasing on the eye + you've got the originality in your favour, there, so leave it as it is babe ! ;)

Arch

Married to Night Train
What, this one?

sumaload.jpg

Top Bottom