Sick of being sat in traffic!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

snorri

Legendary Member
Lisa1979 said:
thanks snorri, but i would look a bit silly with one of those on my back! :eek:
Lisa
Woops sorry:ohmy:, I should have explained, you keep the track pump at home for routine tyre inflation, but carry the usual bike pump with you in case you have to deal with a puncture en route.:sad:
Or, are you taking the mickey:?::tongue:

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Arch said:
Welcome Lisa, another lady here. I dunno about the trim bum - my trouble is I think "I cycled, so I deserve cake":blush:

I agree that you have to eat a bit more to keep going but just think what we would look like if we weren't cycling ... cos I know I'm not a dieter - I only lose weight by exercise. At least we have an excuse to eat well :eek:

gbb

Legendary Member
Hi Lisa..

One area not touched on when we talk about starting commuting is 'mindset'.

I enjoy commuting, albeit shortish mileage. Like me, you WILL get the occasional close call, the occasional beligerant driver..it's inevitable. You get it when you're in a car....why wouldnt you on a bike.
I've become reasonably accustomed to traffic being a bit too close as it passes, i can handle it. I dont like it, but i dont let it spoil my day.

When i read the commuting pages...i wonder why some of the contributors commute by bike at all....they seem so het up and find fault everywhere.

The roads aint perfect, drivers certainly are'nt...even a good few cyclists are'nt. But i commute regular and dont see a fraction of the problems some appear to suffer.
Relax, but be alert at all times and enjoy. Dont let anyone spoil your day...most drivers are quite considerate.

oh yes....and welcome :biggrin:.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
As gbb says, you will get the odd close call, but you will get good as spotting it and take the necessary action and avoid something more serious. Ride
assertively and you'll be fine. Same happens driving, although you have a steel safety cage round you.

OP
OP
Lisa1979

Lisa1979

Hi all,
well today was my 1st day on the bike - and it rained!!! nevermind i did enjoy it. definatley need to get a bit fitter as i felt very tired at dinnertime. I think i deserve a glass of wine tonight! Roll on Monday morning!

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Lisa1979 said:
Hi all,
well today was my 1st day on the bike - and it rained!!! nevermind i did enjoy it. definatley need to get a bit fitter as i felt very tired at dinnertime. I think i deserve a glass of wine tonight! Roll on Monday morning!

You working on the bank holiday ?

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
Lisa1979 said:
Hi all,

Hi Lisa, congrats and a belated welcome.
Don't worry about fitness for the moment and just get used to the commute, in a fortnight your stamina will have improved and you'll not even remember feeling tired!

T

surfgurl

Glad to hear it went well Lisa. I got rained on today as well. It's all part of the fun!
Does anyone else in your workplace commute by bike? I'm the only one at my place and even after 18 months I still get asked "Did you cycle in today?" I just wave my cycle helmet in answer to them.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Rained - when ? I was in Didsbury, then down Oxford Road, then back in Didsbury - no rain - must have been a shower !!!!

It was soooo nice I took the roadie in and went home the 20 mile route !!

Well done Lisa - keep it up...you'll feel great !!

Top Bottom