"Sig Nature" ride - Tuesday 29th December

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
Happy Birthday Sig! :ohmy:

stevevw

Guru
No rain, sleet or snow here so am off out for a ride :ohmy:

See you all soon.
Steve

PS I think I will have some cake before I go, have to get rid of it some how.

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
Aperitif said:
How did you do that with your hand in plaster, Dave? :ohmy:

The plaster's off, i'm wearing a splint as i got a 2nd opinion and the damage wasn't so bad.

Be carefull out there Steve, hope to be on the next herts ride.

Sigs birthday is on thursday.

topcat1 said:
The plaster's off, i'm wearing a splint as i got a 2nd opinion and the damage wasn't so bad.

Be carefull out there Steve, hope to be on the next herts ride.

Sigs birthday is on thursday.

OK - so this is a rehearsal for then...;)

After Christmas Day, Boxing Day etc, we now have a new Day, 'SigSilver's Day'
- occuring two days before the event. Traditionally, everyone stays indoors on this day and watches out on the weather, drinking a glass of St Inclements. (Chopped and changed Orrangements, ice, perhaps a little water to dampen down the spirits...topped off with a snuffle of tastelessness and a cherry...).
Damn nuisance too as I'll have to take my male stripper outfit back to the hire shop...huh! so much for a surprise appearance. :smile:

Actually, it is pretty wet and 4.9C at the moment. Not good stop/start weather is it? Sleet this after...

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
Aperitif said:
I'll have to take my male stripper outfit back to the hire shop...
Dude, the whole point in going as a stripper is that you don't need a costume.

stevevw

Guru
Four of us did 2/3rds of the ride today, we missed out the Shaws corner loop and the pub stop. Cayo Pro - AlanH - MartinT and I braved the weather conditions that turned out not too bad at all, we did get some light rain at times but nothing like the forecast rain, sleet and snow. In fact not seen any snow yet today.

As Martin says not good stop/start weather, easy enough with only 4 of us to keep up a good pace and staying together with out having to wait for each other at junctions etc. so no regrouping required and we got lucky on the fairey front too not even one visit. We did have one coffee stop at Panshanger airfield and on some of the hills I thought that I had stopped a few times (Note to self LOOSE MORE WEIGHT). On one I managed to change in to the big ring instead of changing down the cassette, which was nice. :laugh::blush:
Those Shimano gears do make an awfull sound changing down when you are stamping on the pedals to keep the bike moving don't they. Martin would say they make an awfull sound all the time. :laugh:

Looking forward to doing this route again with all you lot a bit later in the new year. Just wait untill you get to ride Bucks Alley. It will warm you up on a cold morning. :biggrin: http://bikeroutetoaster.com/Course.aspx?course=94894

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Sig - hope you have a good birthday on Thursday.

Steve - sounds like you guys had a good ride - hope you made up for the 20/30 people at the pub!

See you all at the next one.

TC- what happened to your arm/wrist? Hope recovery is quick

Cayopro

Steve, Route was great.......2/3rds ??? I thought we'd done it it !!!!! Shame about the pub stop, Seriously mate, great route, great ride and a great group, Im hearing the big ring noises though.......still :-)

Top Bottom