"Sig Nature" ride - Tuesday 29th December

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
No it's not, which is a shame as James is fettling his new bike in the kitchen as we speak.

The question is, do I do the requisite 35 miles tomorrow to hit my 12,000, or do I save them up for the YACF ride on Wednesday?

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
ok good people I have made a decision, or rather 'er indoors has. She would rather I not go out tomorrow. BBC weather shows sleet for my neck of the woods at that time of the morning/day and rain for the rest of the day. So sorry good peeps I am going to bail now rather then wait for the morning.

mistral

Guru
ianrauk said:
ok good people I have made a decision, or rather 'er indoors has. She would rather I not go out tomorrow. BBC weather shows sleet for my neck of the woods at that time of the morning/day and rain for the rest of the day. So sorry good peeps I am going to bail now rather then wait for the morning.

Me too (same, wise this time, voice of reason too!)

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
Hmmm, well it seems as if it's not going to happen then.

I think James and I will provisionally say we're not coming but if I get up early enough and see that the weather ain't too bad I'll reconsider.

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
Oh dear, I hate to be one that bails out but I think I am going to have too.. sorry!

Am not long back from a cycle to Great Missenden and back, a nice 55 miler, but which was tough as! I was wearing shorts too! Fine when I left Hounslow, but out there in the sticks, well, am still shivering!

I was quite susprised to see how cold it got and how much snow there still is from Gerrards Cross onwards. Salters were out, and boy, does the salt ping hard against frozen legs or what! Anyhow, main road where fine, albeit, pot hole/dead frozen road kill hell, but side roads and some junctions, well, I saw alot of ice. I dont know what Hertford area is like, but, were now icing up in my neck of the woods and its a much warmer area than where we are scheduled to go...

I, typically me, have also left alot of things till the last minute, and I am only at home one night (am house/dog sitting) until I fly out to Thailand on the 4th and am not ready, so could really do with the rest of my time packing and getting ready!

I was tempted to pootle up to Kings X to say hello, then goodbye, but I dont think anyones going to be there now... and with the forecast for tomorrow.. well, I also dont want any accidents before I fly too, so, I am sorry, but yeh, its a no goer, sorry!

Mikee, have fun in the pub, and safe journey to one and all that goes!

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
Just recieved from Mike e

Not coming down south in the morning, sorry for last minute but most people bailing and crap weather.
Happy birthday sig and happy new year everyone!
Mike e

stevevw

Guru
Ok the ride is now off for those that would have to travel to get here. :biggrin:

Depending on if we get the snow or not, I will still be doing the route. Starting from Watton at 9:30 as I no longer have to meet Mike e from Stevenage.

I will post at 8:30 to 9:00 if I am going or not. What ever happens I had better go to the pub for lunch as they are expecting between 20 and 30 of us. I did tell them depending on the weather though.

stevevw said:
Ok the ride is now off for those that would have to travel to get here. :ohmy:

Depending on if we get the snow or not, I will still be doing the route. Starting from Watton at 9:30 as I no longer have to meet Mike e from Stevenage.

I will post at 8:30 to 9:00 if I am going or not. What ever happens I had better go to the pub for lunch as they are expecting between 20 and 30 of us. I did tell them depending on the weather though.
Ok. Cheers Steve, i'm off to do a few miles before the rain/snow arrives.

Happy birthday sig and happy new year to you all. see you on lots of great rides next year.

topcat1 said:
I've txt sig the rides off.

How did you do that with your hand in plaster, Dave? :ohmy:

Unlucky Sig, but nevertheless, a massive Happy Birthday wish to you!
sm9eue.jpg

The rock chick, photographer, cake-making cyclist that everyone loves!

Attachments

• sm9eue.jpg
    sm9eue.jpg
    4.2 KB · Views: 30
Top Bottom