Significant other not impressed with new hobby........help

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Peteaud

Veteran
Dress in the lycra

Put on a mexican wrestling mask

Wave a bottle of baby oil at her and wink/smile with a knowing look.

She wont care about you at all when she calms down.

flyingfish

All hobbies are expensive. You should see what carp fishing has cost me down the years
Luckily OH caught the cycling bug when I did & is n+2 ahead ATM
Pete

Ganymede

Veteran
Seriously though, what are you supposed to be doing when she does her dog show stuff? I used to be a bit of a band widow, sitting around while they played, wandering around festivals on my own feeling cold, lonely and bored out of my skull, staying sober to drive them home as they deserved a beer with all the work they were doing. Now I just don't go! Mr G doesn't mind, he didn't like seeing me mooching about with a face like a slapped *rse and our relationship is much healthier when I do something of my own while he does his thing. We still do stuff together but give each other space.

We actually nearly split up after 12 years due to having cramped our personalities to try to fit round each other - having been madly, romatically in love to perhaps too great an extent when we got married. It didn't happen because we re-evaluated and we are about to clock up 31 years of marriage next Wednesday (unless we've split up by then, obvs).

But that's the question. Are you supposed to be hanging round on the sidelines while she goes to dog shows or brushes Fluffikins/Growler? Genuinely, what is her expectation?

up hill struggle

I guess im lucky as it was my fiance that bought me my new bike, her way of telling me to shift a few lbs

wife bought mine, same hint to loose weight.

OP
OP
thunderlips76

thunderlips76

climbs for cake
Dog grooming. Sheesh. She has nothing to moan at you about. You win.

not just the grooming....the breeding and studding and showing.........it cost £500 to have a studding off an ex crufts winner the other day.......as well as the 4 hour drive......it was the first time i'd witnessed a professional dog studding......it will haunt me for the rest of my days. :sad:

Saluki

World class procrastinator
not just the grooming....the breeding and studding and showing.........it cost £500 to have a studding off an ex crufts winner the other day.......as well as the 4 hour drive......it was the first time i'd witnessed a professional dog studding......it will haunt me for the rest of my days. :sad:
So she can go off and watch dogs shag and you can go for a nice bike ride.
Dog shows are boring beyond belief IMO. The poodle classes are horrendous, it's handbags at dawn with the bitchiness of the whole thing. The women are nearly as bad. My Dad had show GSDs and I thought that was pretty boring and they only needed a bit of a comb out and a trim now and again.
What breeds does your OH show?

As your significant other has a time consuming, expensive and all encompassing hobby I really cannot see why she would have problems with you taking up cycling.
I did once have a BF who didn't understand that I needed to train for events that I competed in. He would go off and do role-playing games and those toy soldier battles where you measure out the moves with a tape measure. He did battle re-enactment too. He used to get really arsey about my training time even though he was off doing something else. I dumped him as he wanted me to stay in and be bored while he was out with his mates. What's good for the goose and all that.

Bryony

Veteran
I'm lucky my OH came out cycling with me on my first trip out and he got bitten by the cycling bug too! We don't often go out on the bikes together as I'm a lot slower than him!!

Top Bottom