Silly STRAVA Racing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

potsy

Rambler
Wish I had segments with only 12 people on them :angel: Nice KOM though, someone take a whip to Potsy!
That's a good time for me LOCO, before my 1st proper attempt on Friday I was 30 seconds slower :tongue:

. Direction of travel is indicated by a chequered flag as the end on each segment. Just takes a little getting used to it.

I've found only some of the segments have the chequered flag, some don't so can be confusing for direction of travel :unsure:

Just discovered this a couple of weeks ago. Of course this led to the gauntlet being thrown down at work.

The top 3 on this segment are colleagues, im currently at number 2 (But that will change:evil:)

http://app.strava.com/rides/8450232#154855984

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
If you look at a ride you have done, it tells you any segments you've gone through.

And what about weight - I got the Brinny Hill with fully loaded panniers and on fixed. I've even matched one long climb on loaded fixed vs road bike. I've also got one flat segment riding fixed so my top speed is limited. It's do-able, very do-able.
I have at least 15 on my route to work, I don't want to have to click on each one :|

jdtate101

Ex-Fatman
Strava just introduced another useful feature for all 'racers'. You now get a notification if someone steals your KOM/QOM, so it's easier to keep track and defend your turf.

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
Pretty confident of a top 3 after this mornings Commute

Any top 5 of better is my aim

Legs are feeling good right now so might give brinny Hill a go tonight ;):smile:

400bhp

Guru
Stupidly I feel responsible ...etc..

I don't think it's stupid-sensible IMO.

Andrew_P

In between here and there
Thats interesting joining the CC group you get the CycleChat leaderboard option in your segments.

potsy

Rambler
Pretty confident of a top 3 after this mornings Commute

Any top 5 of better is my aim

Legs are feeling good right now so might give brinny Hill a go tonight ;):smile:
I had a half assed attempt at brinny this morning, knew half way up I wasn't going to make it so aborted.
Will try brinksway on way home instead :surrender:

Strava racing is weird, although I can see the attraction. I don't have GPS, so can't set any times. However, one of my local mountain climbs has been 'claimed' by some bloke from Milton Keynes (lord knows what he was doing all the way down here) - trouble is, he's missed out the start and finish sections (the proper hilly bits), which shortens the climb by a good mile or so, and skews the time for everyone else. Now that he's put dibs on that bit of road (incorrectly) - I'm not even sure if anyone else can log a time for the full distance..??

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
Sadly yes and that was merely my own vanity/ego so I could see myself in the over 45 leaderboard!

Is it worth the sub for the features? With Endomondo to go pro was only a pound or two but Strava is an ongoing commitment rather than a one off fee, so I am a tad more reticent about signing up.

Top Bottom