Silly STRAVA Racing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Question:
How can I be QOM on a segment with no riders (no male nor female) only me.
But I did not create the segment, should the person that created it not be on the leader board?

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Question:
But I did not create the segment, should the person that created it not be on the leader board?

Not if you previously rode the segment faster.

edit: must read post properly.. no one else on the leaderboard...

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Question:
You create a segment by doing it after the ride . You need to ride the segment again to get a place on it . Strava takes a while to update segments especially if they are not a popular area .

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
You create a segment by doing it after the ride . You need to ride the segment again to get a place on it . Strava takes a while to update segments especially if they are not a popular area .
But I did not create a segment. Neither did I ride there previously.
Maybe it's like @Hacienda71 said, it was created automatically by Strava.
Here are the segments. I was not the fastest by all means, btw, there was others in front of me, male and female, not using Strava.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
But I did not create a segment. Neither did I ride there previously.
Maybe it's like @Hacienda71 said, it was created automatically by Strava.
Here are the segments. I was not the fastest by all means, btw, there was others in front of me, male and female, not using Strava.

Aha, you are looking at just the female leaderboard, check the 'overall' leaderboard and you will find yourself there. In 12th place.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
If a segment is already in place and you do the fastest time you get the crown .

QOM baby yeah !!!

club.gif

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Got a couple recently. One was not advised really, involved riding a back road at high speed over speed bumps on a fixed. Got it... It hurt....

Cubist

Still wavin'
I swore I would only use Strava as a means to compete against myself, but I got a sixth place overall, 4th in my elderly age category the other day. It's a downhill plunge which I rode at an average 36.7mph, topping out at 50.6. I need to squeeze another three seconds off my time to get the KOM, so it'll have to be a dry day with no traffic.

bpsmith

Veteran
I started cycling in earnest this year. Started Strava to challenge myself, but soon found myself uploading to check the instant I get home. It's cool to see yourself progressing and we now have a group at work. Nice to have competition, but it's hardly an issue when anyone steals top spot as were all like minded in seeing that as a new challenge. Nobody really rubs it in, although one guy should really give himself more credit. He's the fastest on most of the segments and not really trying. It's great to see someone naturally fast, but cool with it.

Top Bottom