Silly STRAVA Racing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Had my first flagged ride. No idea why as I only managed 14.6mph average on it.
Lol. I've only had one flagged so far, when I was in the back of an ambulance; deliberately left it up for a few hours to see if some sad barsteward flagged it, they did :rolleyes:

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
It's not showing up as flagged when I look at it? Maybe the sore loser that lost his KOM?

I clicked on a link and it let me select something like "honestly I did ride it" or something and a couple of minutes later the flag was removed. I wouldn't be surprised if there was some glitched data and their system automatically flagged it. Can't of been a sore loser on the KOM as I'm pretty sure I was the KOM holder anyway ^_^

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
I seem to have jumped quite a few places on a local segment to me . Now joint 6th and 4 seconds behind the KOM 3 seconds behind a forum member ^_^
Its on my normal morning route and I didn't intend to go for it but after sprinting away from the lights I looked down to see i was doing 27mph . The traffic wasn't busy so I just kept going . This was unclipped , in jeans with a padded jacket and a rucksack on the Defy 5 so I may give it a shot in Lycra on the TCR . I bet I get no where near it for the next year :laugh:

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Now joint 5th ( so that's really 4th :laugh: ) and 3 seconds behind the leader . Aero bars now fitted to the Defy but I still need to lose the jeans , rucksack and dozen eggs ^_^

That'll teach you or not having a Garmin :laugh:
Garmin's arent much better mine recorded 28 miles on the 36mile training run. I think I knocked the sensor on the way down though, and although it was flashing green when I checked it later on I think it might need a new battery.

Now joint 5th ( so that's really 4th :laugh: ) and 3 seconds behind the leader . Aero bars now fitted to the Defy but I still need to lose the jeans , rucksack and dozen eggs ^_^
I've got a lightly contested KOM (1st out 25) on our estate but the other day I saw a very short segment on my route home and had a crack at it and ended 5th out of 600! well chuffed but got to take 7 seconds off my time of 23 seconds to get the KOM but I'm happy as my speed was 27 mph up a slight hill

Mo1959

Legendary Member
I wish they would devise some way of differentiating between solo and group rides. There are a few women around here that ride with groups of male friends/relatives and obviously get tucked in at the back and get dragged along a fair bit quicker than they would on their own, so no matter how hard you work as a solo rider you are never going to be as fast. I know it's just for fun but I'm all for fairness too.

Top Bottom