Silly STRAVA Racing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
I've been using Strava since September and boy, I must have strong shoulders. Maybe I need to lose 9st, shave my head etc and wear lycra and be 40 year younger.
My best is 30th in one short climb section... .

Venod

Eh up
Decided dusting off my Garmin last week after it being lame for over a year just to log my cycling, decided signing up on Strava to find out what all the fuss is about :smile:

Be warned its addictive, difficult to stop once started. :addict:

U

User6179

New look of Strava seems to be a backwards step IMO , was more user friendly before the change .

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
I stopped using Strava for a bit mainly because it was pushing me to do longer rides that I didn't have time for due to work . I also wanted to just hop on my bike and go for a ride without having to do anything else .
Back on it now though as I want the " prove it " Tee :whistle:

Spartak

Powered by M&M's

Andrew_P

In between here and there
Guess due to winter this thread has died off a bit.

I have rediscovered the personal pleasures of Strava, having had a forced period off the bike and not fully back until this month I am quite a bit off my normal pace, and way off my summer pace. I wanted someway to chart my return to form (whenever that may happen!) so I opened a new Strava account and only uploaded my rides since I have been back on the bike just to monitor my progress and its brilliant seeing 0-14 PR's on rides on fairly regular basis, as it shows progress

Now I think Strava are missing a trick, they should make weekly and monthly PR's a premium account benefit, at least it will keep you a bit fresh. I am going to need some real freak weather to beat most of my normal account PR's to be honest and thus has made Strava a bit stale.

potsy

Rambler
Can't remember the last time I tried for a pr on a segment, seems to have lost it's appeal to me lately.
Using it more as a social tool for keeping up with how friends are doing these days, maybe it will change once the warmer weather arrives.

Venod

Eh up
Can't remember the last time I tried for a pr on a segment, seems to have lost it's appeal to me lately.
Using it more as a social tool for keeping up with how friends are doing these days, maybe it will change once the warmer weather arrives.

Much the same with me it must be the winter effect, but I have had 3 armchair KOM's recently, one looked a bit easy so I improved it to make it an harder target. :whistle:

Since they changed a few things STRAVA no longer works on the browser at work (and our IT is too restrictive to fix it :sad:). So I'm not on it so much these days. When at home at Christmas though, I noticed a steep hill through a local park where I had the KOM up hill some idiot has created a downhill segment, now that is silly :rolleyes:

MrGrumpy

Huge Member

Nah it is just winter cycling, not easy going balls out in the dark or round slippy corners etc. All I have been trying to do is keep my average speed up as much as possible rather than chasing segments. Just waiting for spring as there are a few on my commute I defo want to improve on others I will look for PRs.

Top Bottom