Silly STRAVA Racing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
I just lost a KOM by a second :angry: but equaled another KOM :becool: on my ride today. I will have to get the one back I lost. Sure I can push myself a bit harder on it.:evil:

I equalled my best time on a segment even although I got stopped at two sets of traffic lights. This still leaves me one second behind the KOM over 1.4 miles. Arrrrgh!

I know I could have got a higher rank on some of my segments today if there was less traffic. I'm seriously considering some late night bike rides...
I'm 9th on this section using a heavy SS, I couldn't go much faster on a decent bike, it a straight riverside path (no barrier) full of peds. The KOM must have been a pushy b'stard or on a night cycle, I wouldn't fancy it at night :ohmy:

Nebulous

Guru
I had never noticed that you don't get times for other people's rides! I'm often out before work, leaving home before 6.

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
I'm 9th on this section using a heavy SS, I couldn't go much faster on a decent bike, it a straight riverside path (no barrier) full of peds. The KOM must have been a pushy b'stard or on a night cycle, I wouldn't fancy it at night :ohmy:

I know the feeling, I've had a few KOMs and I don't (yet) have a road bike :smile:

__________________________________________________________________________________
Sent from.... Ippo Rock City

thefollen

Veteran
4 seconds and 6 seconds off a top 10 finish on two segments this morning. Both of those put me into a 30th place :/

With so many cyclists, achieving a KOM in London is quite something!

Was recently ousted from an all-time 10th place in the Chelsea Bridge stretch in my debut Strava last week; however I'm coming up well short in the Chelsea Bridge-Vauxhall Bridge (light dependent) and Millbank Sprints.

Are you Gaz Williams? If so I beat you on the Balham Hill stretch today :P Although, it's only a mile into my ride and an unfortunate run of lights/busses can often break momentum. Although I top the table for today (so far), I still languish in 53rd overall!

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
With so many cyclists, achieving a KOM in London is quite something!

Was recently ousted from an all-time 10th place in the Chelsea Bridge stretch in my debut Strava last week; however I'm coming up well short in the Chelsea Bridge-Vauxhall Bridge (light dependent) and Millbank Sprints.

Are you Gaz Williams? If so I beat you on the Balham Hill stretch today :P Although, it's only a mile into my ride and an unfortunate run of lights/busses can often break momentum. Although I top the table for today (so far), I still languish in 53rd overall!
Yes, I always slow down before the finish of that segment, so not a good one for me. I should probably try it properly on the carbon bike.

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
I think I've found out why I've been missing out on logging so many segments, look at this screengrab following a ride that was tracked with my Samsung Galaxy S
rubbish-strava-gps.jpg

I was in fact on the B1113! :laugh:

Top Bottom