Silly STRAVA Racing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Peter Armstrong

Über Member
Can you report people or delete/hide other peoples times, this muppet has gone out in a car or somthing, and posted average speeds of plus 40mph all around a area that I cycle getting KOM on 4 or 5 popular segments.

What a D**K!!! What Can you do?

Edwards80

Über Member
Can you report people or delete/hide other peoples times, this muppet has gone out in a car or somthing, and posted average speeds of plus 40mph all around a area that I cycle getting KOM on 4 or 5 popular segments.

You can click on the "flag" button on his dodgy rides and get them removed.

Andrew_P

In between here and there
I know it is wrong but I am due on my hols pretty soon and I have been scoping out the Strava segment search, looks like I might be getting my first KOM (probably my last) and it wil be on Foriegn soil. Better still a few KOM's are Brits and the times set this year :angel: Love to be a fly when that email arrives!

I need it though not set one PR on the commute for what feels like weeks

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
I basically seem to be in the bottom 20% of any segment.

I wouldn't worry about it around Whaley. You have to be light as a feather to post fast times in that neck of the woods, certain hills as I am sure you know are so steep the challenge is just getting to the top:eek: . What it will do is make you a damn site faster on the flat. :thumbsup:

Peter Armstrong

Über Member

Wow that was quick, I reported him and all his times have already gone!

Peter Armstrong

Über Member
I think Strava removes them automatically.

If you use Strava on a regular basis there really is no excuse for not noticing "rides" done in a car.

I didnt flag his segments, I sent them an email with his name & details, I didnt see the Flag button, Maybe someone else did somthing.

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
He seems to be segment hunting. The rides he logs are just the climbs, albeit pretty quick ones.
Faster than Mark Lovatt who won the National Hill Climb over The Cat a few years ago.

There are three Rapha riders riding out of Middlewich, Kristian House, Mike Cummings and Chris Jennings, who all log on Strava. I rode over Alderley to Macclesfield with Mike Cummings a couple of months ago. Really down to earth guy, totally un-snobby despite riding at elite level. He had a moan about some of the GB riders refusing to acknowledge other cyclists despite having raced against them for years. His dad used to run a bike shop in Macclesfield which shut earlier in the year.

I've trounced Fred on one of my segments - not a big hill though ! :laugh:

Nick Craig has the fastest on Longhurst Lane in Mellor - the old 'Col du Mellor' segment has gone, which was better as that started at the foot of the hill, not at the start of Longhurst Lane where you have to negotiate Marple Bridge. I was 5th on Col du Mellor....

I must try some more segments in the hills now the shoulder is better - I'm right down the table on stuff like the Brickworks.

Peter Armstrong

Über Member
^_^

Would be interested to see what the email said. :thumbsup:

Noel Disbury

Manchester, England, United Kingdom
The Above person has been out only once, clearly has been out in car or somthing, he has got KOM on 4 segments
Hopwood Stretch Climb
Hollin Lane
M60 up Manchester Road
M60 Climb
For example Hollin lane segement, second place average speed 18.5mph then his 33.1mph and its a 125ft climb
Can somthing be done?

doctornige

I've trounced Fred on one of my segments - not a big hill though ! :laugh:

Nick Craig has the fastest on Longhurst Lane in Mellor - the old 'Col du Mellor' segment has gone, which was better as that started at the foot of the hill, not at the start of Longhurst Lane where you have to negotiate Marple Bridge. I was 5th on Col du Mellor....

I must try some more segments in the hills now the shoulder is better - I'm right down the table on stuff like the Brickworks.

I believe that Nick and Fred sort of compete a ... lot.

I just came 5th on a wee segment in an out of the way place. Tomorrow, I am totally having it.

thefollen

Veteran
Thought I'd have a Strava-less ride home today, weights night tonight ;) Although yes it was nice and chilled, I was mildly vexed with the recent southerly headwind being significantly less; and wouldn't you know it, had a fantastic run of lights and less congestion than usual! Damn.

Strava's a real ride-changer. Just knowing it's there whirring away in the background is motivation enough to work the pistons. Almost like a work boss looking over your shoulder as you work: without this you'd maybe check Cyclechat, send an email or two and pace yourself accordingly. With the knowledge they're lurking, you work fast and as diligently as possible.

Whilst I enjoyed not having the pressure of Mr Strava watching on in my rucksack's back pocket, I really missed the buzz of knowing a segment's approaching, assessing the situation and gearing myself up to go for the leaderboard!

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
Grrr, decent conditions this evening for a fast lap of Richmond Park on my way home. Got stuck behind a car shortly after getting into the park, due to a cyclist holding the car up by doing about 12mph in primary, with no reason not to move over! Bah :cursing:

Top Bottom