Silly STRAVA Racing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andrew_P

In between here and there
I can't upload my evening run until tomorrow but it felt fast through at least 2 segements, would have got close to a record but for some unusual traffic. But it was a No Chain* ride first time felt that smooth for a long time

*© Lance Armstrong.

Andrew_P

In between here and there
Might see how I fare up Box Hill this summer, after the Olympic ride has been through hopefully a few pro's will upload lol

http://app.strava.com/segments/865711

four CC'ers have been up there

potsy

Rambler
Careful, you've started doing that interval training nonesense - where will it end? :ohmy:

BTW-how did your mate get on?
He didn't really, way back on me but he's been off the bike for ages.
He was decently fit a year ago, 27 mile round trip commute from Macc.
He's just signed up on Strava though so should start putting some rides on now he's back.

I think it will help my fitness though, it's hard not to have a bit of a go when you realise you're entering a segment, poor Colin will have nobody to talk to at the back of the group rides soon ^_^

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Great work. :thumbsup: Did you do the 53 x 19 trick?

We should do a team TT up it. :whistle:

Ish...:wacko:

Approached on 53x19 from Vernon Park, lights green through and accelerated to 22 ish with the 17, flipped to 19 for the bridge, out of saddle, got to top of bridge, sat down, 17 then 16, then remembered it gets steep again at the pub so grovelled in the 19 to the finish. Dead.com after Truro Road just after the segment finish, was on 39x19 on the flat.

This was the second time I've ridden it, you don't usually ride through Brinny for fun, despite not living that far away.

400bhp

Guru
I think it will help my fitness though, it's hard not to have a bit of a go when you realise you're entering a segment, poor Colin will have nobody to talk to at the back of the group rides soon ^_^

It definately will. I would say if you can give 1 or 2 segments a go a couple of times a week (say 4, max 5) you will see your fitness improve exponentially within a month. You'll be 10-15 s quicker up Brinny in a month.

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Anyway, it's taking me lots longer to recognise our Potsy now, he has shrunk, has got quite quick, Colin's rides are doing good.

The only way I spot GB155 is that he is really tall, and his hair.. spot him a mile off, and I've seen his weight loss over the last two years -.

Good to see guys.. Potsy and Gaz you are both are doing great. I nearly miss Potsy now, despite being on recent CC rides... Massive improvement !! Nearly missed Potsy twice this week !

Top Bottom