Silly STRAVA Racing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

400bhp

Guru
Can't stop coughing after another go at brinny hill, might have knocked a second off :training:
Even saw 400bhp there having a try :hello:

Aye-set off wayyy too fast (about 22 in about 50-18), ran out of puff half way up. Will have another go soon. Nice to have something to aim at in the morning.

Went up that A626 on the way back-that's bloody steep and a horrible road to boot. I noticed a cycle path, worth using that instead?

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
A626 is that from Tesco. If you go a little further on towards Sainsburies, Lancashire Hill is better, but about as steep, but much less traffic, and comes out at the same place near Halfords.

potsy

Rambler
A626 is not a place for a nice bike ride, there is a cycle route that takes you thru the subways but I'd probably go with the Lancashire hill suggestion.

John reckons he's still got a bit more to give once Fossy reclaims the kom, but he thinks our triathlete will be quicker :training:
Think I'll leave my attempts for now, maybe once I'm down another few lbs I'll try again.

400bhp

Guru
A626 is not a place for a nice bike ride, there is a cycle route that takes you thru the subways but I'd probably go with the Lancashire hill suggestion.

John reckons he's still got a bit more to give once Fossy reclaims the kom, but he thinks our triathlete will be quicker :training:
Think I'll leave my attempts for now, maybe once I'm down another few lbs I'll try again.

That 18mph average is bloody good up there.

potsy

Rambler
That 18mph average is bloody good up there.
Good time that mate seeing as you didn't know what to expect, my friend said you'd gone off very fast we were wondering if you could keep that pace :unsure:
Expecting my brinksway time to come down later, if I can get a clear run, stupid lights and traffic got in the way last night :ninja:

Andrew_P

In between here and there
There have been report in London of people doing them in motorized transport which is pretty poor sportsmanship, not even slightly funny!

400bhp

Guru
It bloody is :wacko:

Might give it a go later - probably 53 x 19 then slam in the 17 or 16 over the top of the steep bit, then promptly throw up. That, or wait for a bus to go up ! :thumbsup:

Why change up on the steep bit? Never thought of that?

potsy

Rambler
Ah bugger!!!! Was 1 second slower up brinny hill than my fastest time, all that coughing for nowt :headshake:
But, knocked a massive 6 seconds off brinksway on the way home, I'm now officially faster than gb155 :dance:
brinksway 17th may.jpg

potsy

Rambler
It bloody is :wacko:

Might give it a go later - probably 53 x 19 then slam in the 17 or 16 over the top of the steep bit, then promptly throw up. That, or wait for a bus to go up ! :thumbsup:
You looked like you were taking it easy at Cheadle to me, obviously saving yourself for the brinny hill assault :thumbsup:

Top Bottom