Silly STRAVA Racing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

potsy

Rambler
I guess you are at the wrong end of Manc than me? Would probably set off from mine about 6:30 - in Stockport about 7:15
30 mins to brinny hill for me, about 25 for you :thumbsup:
I might see you coming back down as I'm having my 'go' :ph34r:

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
On a slightly less silly note, has anyone else found it shows where you are weak with your riding? I am up there on downhills, flats and hills including long drags upto about 8% but on hills over say 10% I find it really hard to get close to some of the times being posted.

caimg

Über Member
Managed a few PBs today including 8th on Bayham street in Camden...thing is, if I'm out for a longish ride I only realise I've hit Strava segments when I get back. Are there people here that go out knowing where loads are and aim to hit those?

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
Oh you absolute, absolute bunch of bar-stewards. ^_^

Found out about Strava from you lot today, and there are at least 4 "segments" on my daily commute.

Got home tonight, crawled into the kitchen and collapsed. My legs are like jelly - and still the best I managed was a 2nd and a 4th.

Barstewards the lot of yea.

potsy

Rambler
Can't stop coughing after another go at brinny hill, might have knocked a second off :training:
Even saw 400bhp there having a try :hello:

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
Think the segment I missed out a kom by 1 second this am will have fallen to me as I got a good run today

Am shattered now tho as have chased a kom on every commute this week

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
On a slightly less silly note, has anyone else found it shows where you are weak with your riding? I am up there on downhills, flats and hills including long drags upto about 8% but on hills over say 10% I find it really hard to get close to some of the times being posted.

I am similar upto about 12% - above that and I don't have times as I have been avoiding them - shoulder now much better so I see a few more Peaks rides coming in, but it's been a case of surviving (and I've only got a 39 ring).

Got good times on Chunal from Hayfield (the steepest side) and Chain Bar Way in Broadbottom, but most are upto 12%. Over 10% the advantage of being a 10st whippet comes into factor, and I'm no where near that.

Andrew_P

In between here and there
I had a really good run in this morning, no PR and Strava only sees the total time and total avg speed, gutted. Only downside to this morning I saw a Deer get taken out by a Lorry.

Manchester\Stockport seem quite exciting, and I never thought I would utter those words! :angel:

Top Bottom