Silly STRAVA Racing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andrew_P

In between here and there
Strava seems to be the only one with ongoing development, Garmin has been pretty static the same as Endomondo. Strava is defintely the most exciting one. The routes with Segment alerts would be fantastic, better than using Google Streetview and trying to remember.

potsy

Rambler
Have you not got these down South yet? :whistle:
Strava sign.jpg

Andrew_P

lol we still have the men with green and red flags.

Reality is that Garmin could do it all and more has they have control of the firmware for the devices. I think Strava will develop the Phones apps more

Nebulous

Guru
I absolutely love my Garmin, but development is a bit of a joke. They've known about the issue with courses on the 500 for about 2 years and have done nothing about it.

400bhp

Guru
Any one fancy going up the Wizard in Alderley? My 6'4" frame is not designed for flying up inclines like that and Cyclechat only has three riders registered as having gone up it. The quickest guy is only averaging 14.9 mph over the mile :whistle:

I did it today Chris but was not a good ride for me. I think my legs had had enough as I've done about 500 miles in the last 3 weeks, plus been hammering the KoM's on Stava on the commute. Had jelly legs on all the climbs & just had to turn the crank.

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
I did it today Chris but was not a good ride for me. I think my legs had had enough as I've done about 500 miles in the last 3 weeks, plus been hammering the KoM's on Stava on the commute. Had jelly legs on all the climbs & just had to turn the crank.

I know what you mean, need a couple of days off every once in a while. Think I will need to lose a stone to make any impression on my times on the Wizard. Tbh not sure the top time is achievable for any one but a pro or serious hill climber, the guy who has posted it is a pro level rider and seems to have most of the KOM's in the Peninnes around here including the Brickworks, Long Hill from Buxton and The Short Cat and Fidddle.
I am going to trek over to Buxton in the morning before it gets too hot and see if there are any interesting segments around there.

Andrew_P

One local segment had 14 riders on it long Cat 4 climb, I was considering giving it a bash, but the L2B night ride went through it, 62 today, I suspect a lot more by Monday. Someone createda segment of the whole run, which was a good idea.

http://app.strava.com/rides/9429802#170133790

potsy

Rambler
Almost got my Mottram Moor under 6 mins

I'll never be kom up there tho

Pots, come n av a go
Is this over the border? I get scared if I leave Stockport/S, Mancs :tongue:

Did a pootle on the river yesterday, got home and discovered I'd gone thru a couple of previously unknown segments, will be faster next time :biggrin:

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
Is this over the border? I get scared if I leave Stockport/S, Mancs :tongue:

Did a pootle on the river yesterday, got home and discovered I'd gone thru a couple of previously unknown segments, will be faster next time :biggrin:
Sure is, it's good fun to be fair

I would have had a kom today had it not have been for the lights :sad:

Top Bottom