Single chainring on Campagnolo Record ultratorque carbon 5-arm cranks?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

chriscross1966

Über Member
Hi folks, thanks to Campy's usual "heck you, we're Campy!" attitude the Carbon 5-arms use a special set of bolts, the threads on the four normal arm bolts are M6x0.75 and the hidden arm bolt thread is M8x0.75 ... does anyone one make a set of bolts to go single-ring on these or am I going to have to make (another) set?... Already made a set to do the same thing on a Centaur CT a few years back and remember the unfunness of it all so would prefer to avoid if possible, but all the single-ring bolt sets on ebay are either for old alloy Pista cranks that have a bigger hole through the crank or else are for not-campy spec M8 chainring bolts that have the same problem

Proto

Legendary Member
Can’t you make some spacers to take the place of the redundant ring? Simple fat washers (5mm?)

A lot easier than screw cutting new nuts and bolts.

OP
OP
chriscross1966

chriscross1966

Über Member
Really stuck for space at the back (they're going on a heavily modified Brompton and there is no clearance between the back of the spider and the rear frame as it folds forwards), so would prefer something that was lower-profile than even a chainring. Even as it is I'm having to modify the Ultratorque cup on the non-drive side so that I can put a spacer under the drive side to pus the crank away from the frame.... it's starting to look like I'm going to be spending a day putting annoyingly fine threads onto small screws and inventing swearwords each time one gets messed up....

Top Bottom