Six Nations Rugby

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
St George was from Syria , turkey, Macedonia , the bloody cheek of it .

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
I thought the Samoan / Fijian team played quite well tonight.
Yeah well done.
Did you hear the interview with Hadleigh Parks, the Welsh Man of the Match as well. Didn’t sound like he was from the valleys did he?

All teams have overseas players. Italy had a player who played for England under 20s, shock horror.

Chris froome is Kenyan, wiggins is Belgium so what?

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
A sad day for rugby. One more nail in the coffin of the game outside the English speaking world. As if Italy's mauling yesterday wasn't enough for one weekend.

My Dad would have been saddened. The Kiwis always had a grudging respect for French rugby. You never quite knew what the blighters might do. Well, if today's anything to go by, not a lot. If today's anything to go by, that's all gone. There was nothing remotely Gallic about the way France played today - nothing of the kind of joyous unpredictability my old man used to love and fear. They played home countries rugby, poorly.

To say the final score flatters them doesn't come close. They weren't in it, from beginning to end. Am I being unduly gloomy, or is non-Anglocentric rugby withering on the vine?

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
A sad day for rugby. One more nail in the coffin of the game outside the English speaking world. As if Italy's mauling yesterday wasn't enough for one weekend.

My Dad would have been saddened. The Kiwis always had a grudging respect for French rugby. You never quite knew what the blighters might do. Well, if today's anything to go by, not a lot. If today's anything to go by, that's all gone. There was nothing remotely Gallic about the way France played today - nothing of the kind of joyous unpredictability my old man used to love and fear. They played home countries rugby, poorly.

To say the final score flatters them doesn't come close. They weren't in it, from beginning to end. Am I being unduly gloomy, or is non-Anglocentric rugby withering on the vine?
The French side suffers from their league sides all playing a very direct style. It gets found out at international level.
Take Bastaureaud, he is a big fat battering ram but totally ineffective against a well drilled international defence.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Next week should be a cracker. Ireland can still win if they beat Walesand England draw or lose. Wales have looked fairly average other than for 30 minutes against England

so Ireland will fancy it, which plays into English hands.

images (1).jpeg

Levo-Lon

Guru
Outstanding by Wales, they deserve the spoils.

Enjoying the England game but its just a game now, bar the calcutta cup, which i think we might win

I should qualify my statement and say, individually, fabulous players. Watson is my favourite player to watch ride a tackle, unbelievable but just not the strength in depth and somehow the whole team never quite gels. Loss of concentration, errors.....

Levo-Lon

Guru
Nice one Wales.

Scotland are shshi. Not quite as shite as Italy but close. I think the six Nations needs some relegation rules too.

It's a thing that seriously needs addressing, so many other possibilities to make this tournament intresting and fairer

Top Bottom