Skinny?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Rockn Robin

Rockn Robin

Have you tried radically changing the composition of your diet? Maybe going veggy for a time or cut out all dairy ?
Absolutely. Been doing that. Almost total vegan, except for a little chicken and fish now and then. I don’t care for dairy anyway. It gives me the winds something fierce. :laugh:

simonali

Guru

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
This thread has taken some twists.......skinny pros, drug taking pros ( with no evidence) Cockney rhyming slang and diets.......sheesh

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
I love watching cycling events, especially Le Tour de France. I never thought about this before, but while watching the replay of stage 3 (team time trial) of the Tour, it dawned on me as each team took their turn and readied themselves for the start, that they are quite thin, especially in the arms. Don't get me wrong, I think they are among, if not, the fittest of athletes. I can't imagine any other sporting event athlete keeping up with these riders. I really take my hat off to these guys. They push themselves to the very limit of human endurance, and, unfortunately, many crash and receive terrible injuries, but like troupers, they climb back on their bikes and pedal on with a profound determination to complete the tour. Now, these guys have incredibly powerful legs, and that power comes into play when they climb those high mountains, like the Alpe d'Huez, for example. But what it is it with the rest of their bodies. It seams that many just ignore developing their upper torso, especially their arms. There must be a logical reason. Is it because they want to be as light as possible to make it easier to ride? Like the bikes, so be the rider. Or is it that they simply don't bother and focus on legs above all else?
For TT lanky arms and small shoulders are perfect for getting in an aero position and being able to tuck your head down out of the wind . The broader your shoulders the more wind hits you and you are not able to shrug your head as low without making them broader thus catching more wind .
Why would a pro cyclist do work on his upper torso and arms when it will be detrimental to his performance . They probably look skinnier as the lower body is so big .

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Why would a pro cyclist do work on his upper torso and arms when it will be detrimental to his performance .
Quite!

They probably look skinnier as the lower body is so big .
Big? Sprinters perhaps, NOT GC riders ...

Skinny Wiggins.jpg

OP
OP
Rockn Robin

Rockn Robin

For TT lanky arms and small shoulders are perfect for getting in an aero position and being able to tuck your head down out of the wind . The broader your shoulders the more wind hits you and you are not able to shrug your head as low without making them broader thus catching more wind .
Why would a pro cyclist do work on his upper torso and arms when it will be detrimental to his performance . They probably look skinnier as the lower body is so big .
That makes perfect sense, especially when 10ths of a second can make a big difference.

Top Bottom