skipping breakfast...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
Jim_Noir said:
MacB, the old 'nanas are bad juju for weight loss. From the sounds of it your body is carb junkie and sugar is a trigger. Ditch high sugar fruits, get loads of oats in you... like oat ginger biscuits and oat cakes (oat cakes with tomato puree on them are a great energy source and a great way to naturally block the skin). Look at low GI stuff, don't diet as diets don't work... listen to what your body is telling. protein shakes are your friend in the fat war. However your body will be different from mine, and others so find stuff that work. If you can, get a one 2 one with a nutrationalist. My fight coach is really into sports science and nutrition so I get tons of advice that works 100% for me.

thanks Jim, I'm now off to google GI and protein shakes:biggrin: Don't worry I won't diet, interesting on the bananas, I've been eating 2-3 a day. Think you're right on the carb junkie bit, though maybe 'crap' carb junkie would be closer. Find it hard to steer clear of chips/pizza/pies at lunchtime. I know it's not good for the cycle home but so bloody hungry.

Don't think I could stomach oatcakes and tomato pureexx( and I hate ginger. Could do porridge easily though and I prefer it salted rather than sugared.

Jim_Noir

Carrots too are bad juju. There is a girl in my office who is trying to lose weight for her wedding. She sits and eats carrots and nanas all day, drinking pineapple juice and them innocent smoothes. Soon had her stop that, she might as well just poured lard down her throat as there is no way she would burn that sugar off.

You can also get spice and fruit oat biscuits, if you eat them followed by an apple it tastes like apple crumble... or bake the apple in a little OJ and cinnamon then break the biscuits in to one of these (can heat it a little too) http://www.alprosoya.co.uk/index.php?id=38&tx_macalproproducts_pi1[product]=271 yum apple pie n custard.

montage

God Almighty
MacBludgeon said:
thanks Jim, I'm now off to google GI and protein shakes:biggrin: Don't worry I won't diet, interesting on the bananas, I've been eating 2-3 a day. Think you're right on the carb junkie bit, though maybe 'crap' carb junkie would be closer. Find it hard to steer clear of chips/pizza/pies at lunchtime. I know it's not good for the cycle home but so bloody hungry.

Don't think I could stomach oatcakes and tomato pureexx( and I hate ginger. Could do porridge easily though and I prefer it salted rather than sugared.

Protein shakes are for pretty boys who shave their nipples and wax their stomachs whilst prancing around in the gym

Jim_Noir

I don't prance about the gym! And the waxing is less friction for when you are getting oiled up ;)

As for pretty boy... anyone who does full contact combat sports that are pretty is either very very good or not trying hard enough. Ricky Hatton is wayyy to pretty for his sport.

MacB

I've just read, and think I had before, that chocolate milk does just as well as a protein shake, do we believe this? coz I like the taste. I might work out an eating plan for Mon-Fri and then relax at the weekends. am now reading up in the world of Maximuscle etc, there's a lot to take in.

Jim_Noir

Depends what protein the shake contains, the stuff I use is pure whay and has 60g of protein per serving. Most of them these days taste nice... unlike in the old days they tasted rank!

And I stand corrected re pretty boys in the gym, google Parinya Kiatbusaba.

jimboalee

Breedon said:
I might try a early morrning ride on sunday and not have breakfast to see how i feel, i'll do a 25mile loop, then have breakfast when i get back in.

I want to lose weight as well so all this makes good reading.

If you hammer it, you'll bonk.
Try to average 12 mph and you'll get round easy.

beancounter

As I'm still trying to shift some remaining fat I'm still doing my "long" weekend rides with no breakfast, I just take a couple of cereal bars with me to avoid the bonk. One cereal bar seems to do about 25 miles. Couple of weeks ago I got up to 80 miles, on two cereal bars. My average was 14.5mph.

bc

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
MacBludgeon said:
I've just read, and think I had before, that chocolate milk does just as well as a protein shake, do we believe this? coz I like the taste. I might work out an eating plan for Mon-Fri and then relax at the weekends. am now reading up in the world of Maximuscle etc, there's a lot to take in.

buy a copy of the cheater's diet. Basically codifies what you are attempting to do, eat heathily but well 5 days a week, give into cravings at weekends. Was put onto it be a fellow rugby ref (much better than me) in answer to my question how to loose weight, get fitter and not loose muscle mass. The first and last can be a tricky balance.

Complex carbs is the way to go, oatcakes grow on you, my fav is oatcake, very thin smear of low fat cream cheese, and some indian lime and chilli pickle.

No processed sugar weekdays, no booze weekdays, all carbs to be complex so wholewheat versions only, liquid fats (olive oil), spot of portion control (a palm of protein a fist of carbs and as much veg as you can stomach) and decent snackage and skimmed milk only. Never eaten as much or as well in my life.

Last FNRttC I weighed 15 and a half, this FNRttC I'll be under 15 and I've not even noticed that I'm dietting and have not been commutting anywahere near as long or as often as you. Exercise is generally seens as only one third of the weight loss game (different for nutters :tongue: like you who take up enduarnace cycling on a whim) with two thirds being diet

MacB

GrumpyGreg said:
buy a copy of the cheater's diet. Basically codifies what you are attempting to do, eat heathily but well 5 days a week, give into cravings at weekends. Was put onto it be a fellow rugby ref (much better than me) in answer to my question how to loose weight, get fitter and not loose muscle mass. The first and last can be a tricky balance.

Complex carbs is the way to go, oatcakes grow on you, my fav is oatcake, very thin smear of low fat cream cheese, and some indian lime and chilli pickle.

No processed sugar weekdays, no booze weekdays, all carbs to be complex so wholewheat versions only, liquid fats (olive oil), spot of portion control (a palm of protein a fist of carbs and as much veg as you can stomach) and decent snackage and skimmed milk only. Never eaten as much or as well in my life.

Last FNRttC I weighed 15 and a half, this FNRttC I'll be under 15 and I've not even noticed that I'm dietting and have not been commutting anywahere near as long or as often as you. Exercise is generally seens as only one third of the weight loss game (different for nutters xx( like you who take up enduarnace cycling on a whim) with two thirds being diet

just ordered the book from Amazon, thanks Greg

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
PS I drink a pint of water every morning before setting off from home (and I carry a full hydration pack on every ride)

karen.488walker

I cannot stand eating breakfast before 10/11 o'clock. I can exercise happily for 1hr + without breakfast. I'm trying to lose weight and know it's important and do try. However, when I do eat breakfast and exercise I feel much hungrier and have felt a bit dizzy? sugar level dropping sort of thing. Someone else said she had exactly the same problem the other day. Does anyone know why?

Top Bottom