SKS secuclips

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
They get brittle and crack/snap.

D

Deleted member 1258

Over a long period of time the stay can become loose in the clip, I think the clip can wear, when it happened on one of my bikes I just modified the stay with pliers to tighten it up

D

Deleted member 1258

Looking at them visually they look to be in fair condition - How do the stays go in, are they just pushed in?

Cheers

Yes they just push in and pull out. The stays usualy form a circle which fits into the clip, where the gap is its usually posible to gently widen the gap a little and increase the size of the circle slightly to stop rattling.

It's usually the clip that fits between the fork/stays and guard, the old style metal ones can be pinched up with pliers, the new style plastic ones wear the mudguard away (put some gaffer tape on between when fitting). If it's a metal one that's broken at the bend (which they do) you can bodge it with a cable tie.

D

Deleted member 1258

The ones I have may have be a bit different. You push the stays in, and then you push a little clip in "inside the elbow" of the stays, as it were, that snaps into the main plastic body and holds it all together. Presumably this little clip is designed to fail if the stays get pulled by something jammed under the mudguard.

It was this little clip that cracked and caused mine to release the stays on one side a couple of years ago while riding on a rough surface. Soon bodged.

A different design to the one I had to repair.

Top Bottom