Sky Arts. Now free to air!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
If you are interested Sky Arts is now available on Freeview without subscription.
You may have to retune your TV and it is only basic analogue, not HD, but beggars can't be choosers.
Channel seems to be pushing out the sort of stuff BBC4 used to supply before budgets were redirected to politically correct causes.

Presumably Sky are trying to use it as a loss leader and woo customers through this.

Worth retuning your TV for. It is on Channel 11.

Chris S

Legendary Member
If you've got a Freeview box then it's on Channel 11, you don't have to retune anything. I've forgotten what channel was there before but they used to show Hawaii Five-O.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
It's what those of us with a poor signal have to suffer, mine comes from a relay aerial rather than direct from the main one and channels without a strong signal won't transmit.

Hence I've got Freesat as my default.
As here in the Calder Valley, and why I went for Freesat too!

Broadcasters were obliged to provide the basic channels (BBC1/2, ITV, Ch4 etc.) on Freeview but were allowed to pick and choose what others to add. The main transmitters broadcast a wide range of channels. The broadcasters' accountants decided that it wasn't profitable to add extra broadcasting capacity to the relay stations so we had Freeview Lite dumped on us.

OP
OP
D

Darius_Jedburgh

Veteran
If you've got a Freeview box then it's on Channel 11, you don't have to retune anything. I've forgotten what channel was there before but they used to show Hawaii Five-O.
Does a Freeview box pick up HD broadcast? On the TV it is on Channel 11 but crappy analogue only.

As here in the Calder Valley, and why I went for Freesat too!

Broadcasters were obliged to provide the basic channels (BBC1/2, ITV, Ch4 etc.) on Freeview but were allowed to pick and choose what others to add. The main transmitters broadcast a wide range of channels. The broadcasters' accountants decided that it wasn't profitable to add extra broadcasting capacity to the relay stations so we had Freeview Lite dumped on us.
How can you tell which you are getting?
I do know that that excellent channel sony movies classic isn't available in bits of the north west but is in london. On the other hand my mum could get some oirish music channel which the london smog shielded me from.

I don't know - I've still got a cathode ray TV!
me too - got a good deal on it - it sits in the corner of a largish room so space no issue - it was sneered at by a young visting italian - supported the idea that italians care more about appearances than anything - most italian telly is complete crap, however impressive the box firing the excrement at you.
I'm more interested in the content.

Mike_P

Guru
Pick, now Channel 34
Does a Freeview box pick up HD broadcast?
If you have a Freeview HD TV or PVR/box yes but only a limited number, channels 101- 114, BBC1/2/4/News, ITV, C4, C5, Quest, RT, QVC, QVC Beauty.
Also 204/205 CBBC and CBeebies

Top Bottom