Slapped by car passenger

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
I thought something similar was going to happen to me like this last night. Played 5-a-side and was cycling home at about 7.30pm....

I hear the inimitable sound of a Chavmobile (exhaust bigger than the driver's mouth etc.) and it appeared to be slowing down slightly behind me as I was overtaking some stationary cars (phew!)... he then gradually built up his speed to just pass me and I braced myself (glancing across at him too)... the passenger leant out the window and said...

"28mph, nice one mate!!"

I glanced at my computer and said "23... but cheers"

They went on their way. :biggrin::blush:

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
Sorry to hear about your incident though, hope the police do something and they think twice about it net time they pass a cyclist...

...that or hit a tree.

BentMikey said:
A forward facing helmet cam is no use for this, I really need a Magnatom (TM) Arsecam. Especially considering my commute goes very close to Shire Lane, where the one incident occurred.

LOL! I can see that one flying off the shelves!

Actually I e-mailed the company that made the flycamone2 and I mentioned in passing (jokingly) would they be willing to send me the battery and waterproof cover that they are about to release for free so that I could review it. They are now looking into this and will get back to me! :biggrin::biggrin:

Of course Mike, your website would get first bite at any reviews and if it was good I would encourage the company to link to it (more web traffic?!):biggrin:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
How terrible - I've had one 'push off' attempt by a rear passenger, but this is getting pretty common...

Also had Sharky's incident - chav car up behind me, then level, chav shouts 30 mph wow (was doing about 25) - me thinks these chav cars have faulty speedo's good they are 'over reading'....this incident was near the rather nice village of Hattersley (big council over run estate where the 'Moors murders' lived).....

This type of incident does seem to happen out of 'rush hour' as obviously, the chav's aren't in work........

02GF74

Über Member
ggrrrrr...... that sort of stuff makes my blood boil. :biggrin::angry::biggrin::angry::laugh::angry::laugh::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

you got the reg. and contacted the police - let's hope they act on it.:biggrin:

snapper_37

Barbara Woodhouse's Love Child
How vile.

Glad you're ok though.

The worst that's happened to me is have my arse slapped by a young woman .... who felt very, very silly when the penny dropped that I was also female. lol

hackbike 6

Had this happen to me twice once coming back from Harlow someone sprayed water in my face and I was thankful it was just water.
The second time at Mile End were four lads in a car who sprayed tomato sauce in my face.So when I got to work people were asking what had happened and probably found it funny.

Also another time at Mile End yet again two young boys were throwing bags of water out of the jeep type vehicle while their mum was driving.One just missed me and I went ape 5h%t.Freaked the mother out...Shame she couldn't have any control over her kids.

Mr Pig

Rhythm Thief said:
It's not just cyclists who get this ... someone threw a bottle at my lorry once.

They know they'll get away with it, our police/legal system is too soft.

I've had the side of my car dented with a stone, my front passenger window smashed with a stone and had a brick float over my bonnet! With the first two incidents I found out who it was and still couldn't do anything about it. The police arn't very interested and the parents are as idiotic as the kids!

Bring back the stocks and public floging!

hackbike 6 said:
Also another time at Mile End yet again two young boys were throwing bags of water out of the jeep type vehicle while their mum was driving.One just missed me and I went ape 5h%t.Freaked the mother out...Shame she couldn't have any control over her kids.

That’s just reminded me of a mother and child about 6 years ago in Kingston – child was about 5 years old, in back seat with window open, happily throwing, of all things, satsumas out of window. Very politely let mother know what was happening while she waited at lights - got told to foxtrot oscar and “mind my own business” – which rather left me speechless!

cntl

>>Oh yeah I like that! :0) Hope it hurt a lot. (re: youtube video)

I read that he actually died.

cntl

I had a passanger stick his head out and shout at me suddenly, trying to scare me (Knaphill). I wish I could describe his face when he saw the helmet camera, but words fail me:biggrin:

if they get enough complaints about that particular car they can get it crushed.
there was trouble in this area with some morons in a car smashing bottles on the road in front of cyclists. i read on another forum that the car had now been crushed.

OP
OP
Freewheeler

Freewheeler

Thanks for the messages of support from everyone. From reading posts here and back on C+, this kind of thing does seem to be getting more common. I still find that the vast majority of people on the road are patient and careful though, but I suppose it only takes one fool to ruin your ride or worse.

I went to the police station today on the way to work. The officer there took my statement and was very thorough and methodical, he spent about 45 minutes taking it down and checking everything was correct. He was at the end of his shift, but said he will start the ball rolling tomorrow. The statement will be checked by another department for correctness, then go to the traffic police. They will consider it and most likely pass it back to a local bobby for action, who will then call on the registered keeper of the vehicle and question him. He reckons it will be 2 - 3 weeks before I hear anything. One interesting thing is that in addition to the factual statement, I was invited to make a "Victim Personal Statement" as well, detailing how the incident affected me. I just said it has made me a bit more nervous riding along that stretch of road, but I might ask them to add that this incident could have resulted in death or serious injury.

I think the best outcome would be that the occupants of the car realise how potentially dangerous their actions were. I doubt there will be a prosecution, but so long as they don't do it again that would be a result. I just hope the police speak to the driver before they pass me again.

Top Bottom