Slapped by car passenger

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

515mm

Well, quite. I take the point about proof etc, but I wonder what would have happened if my door handn't been locked. I suppose my broken nose and "claret on the carpet" would be viewed as sufficient evidence. Must be difficult to prove intent if the desire was not carried out, as it were.....

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
dodgy said:
Well let's just say don't not report it because you've read on here that the police aren't interested then! You may live in an area with a competent police force (which I obviously do) so try it and if you don't get a good response, you'll know which category your local police falls into.

I did.....

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chfYMHIfBzk

Driver not cautioned at scene. Police were made aware of footage but did not request it. Two witnesses gave statements. No action taken against the driver.

Please don't assume some of us "are just being cynical". That was my direct, personal experience of the police, not some 'fashionable' pose for the purposes of this forum.:angry:

Despite this, I'd still report any physical contact with a vehicle or person to the police. The difference is I'd spit my tea if they gave a toss.

Mr Creosote

Bollo said:
I did.....

Driver not cautioned at scene. Police were made aware of footage but did not request it. Two witnesses gave statements. No action taken against the driver.

Please don't assume some of us "are just being cynical". That was my direct, personal experience of the police, not some 'fashionable' pose for the purposes of this forum.:angry:

Despite this, I'd still report any physical contact with a vehicle or person to the police. The difference is I'd spit my tea if they gave a toss.

Unbelievable. The dickhead isn't even indicating from what I can see. Not even getting a "driving without due care and attention" is disgraceful.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Mr Creosote said:
Unbelievable. The dickhead isn't even indicating from what I can see. Not even getting a "driving without due care and attention" is disgraceful.
I don't want to rehash my crash as it was done to death on the forum last year. I was just illustrating that there are many, many people on this forum whose dealings with the police have been less than satisfying. As far as they're concerned, abuse, intimidating driving, 'accidents' and close calls are simply the risks you accept when you travel on the roads, and you'll notice I haven't mentioned being on a bike specifically.

In the OP's case it may not all lie at the door of plod, as they're probably thinking about evidence and likelihood of prosecution which, unless scrote owns up, is unlikely.

Bollo said:
I did.....

What were your injuries? If that guy was not prosecuted you need to take that further up the ladder, the CPS need to see it and if that fails then try every news agency in the world and shame the crazy ba****d driver as well as take civil action against them. That was a pure disgrace, SMIDSY?

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Catrike UK said:
What were your injuries? If that guy was not prosecuted you need to take that further up the ladder, the CPS need to see it and if that fails then try every news agency in the world and shame the crazy ba****d driver as well as take civil action against them. That was a pure disgrace, SMIDSY?

Like I've said, to many on the forum this is old news. To anyone new to this, I escaped without any broken bones but a shagged shoulder. The CTC's solicitors peed themselves over the footage and now the driver's insurance premiums are probably eye-wateringly high and I'm a couple of grand wealthier.

Which I think is an interesting point. The 'we'll do nothing' letter from plod included a little sign-off about pursuing the driver in a civil action. I got the impression that plod use this as a get out.

If you think plod's attitude stinks, don't get me started on the attending ambulance guy :biggrin::biggrin:!:tongue:

Just to ram home the point and bring this back on topic, how can anyone in Mid Hants have confidence in reporting an incident to the police when they have no physical injuries, no filmed evidence and can only identify a vehicle reg.

Anyone feel an FOI request coming on?

Top Bottom