Smells on route

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
steveoo

steveoo

There's a carcass lorry that I sometimes get stuck behind. Makes me wretch every time. User76 farm sounds intriguing though.
Gez73, Yesterday at 23:29Report

Yes i too get these from time to time.

Melonfish

Evil Genius in training.
hmm lets see, depending on the route its mostly car fumes.
however sometimes i get hit with a landfil site (i actually live not far from two of the blighters!) rape seed oil from the farmers fields. drainage canals, manure/cows/sheep.
cabbage! - or possibly sprouts, i'm inclined to think sprouts as you can get fresh stalks from that farmer when they're in season. its one of the chaps on the a57 in rixton.
Then there's caddishead and all the chemicals used in the cement factory, its got a certain zing to it like sticking a 9v battery in your sinus's
still, could be worse, i could still work in widnes and get the overwhelming aroma of rendering animal by products. Mmmm widnes, what a smell...
there's a place called the Granox, if you haven't smelt it then well, well done! you've survived the HORROR that widnesians have to put up with on a regular basis, want to sit out in your garden on a summers day? no chance.
want to hang your washing outside? yeah right.
vile place that should be moved to the moon.
pete

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
hmm lets see, depending on the route its mostly car fumes.
however sometimes i get hit with a landfil site (i actually live not far from two of the blighters!) rape seed oil from the farmers fields. drainage canals, manure/cows/sheep.
cabbage! - or possibly sprouts, i'm inclined to think sprouts as you can get fresh stalks from that farmer when they're in season. its one of the chaps on the a57 in rixton.
Then there's caddishead and all the chemicals used in the cement factory, its got a certain zing to it like sticking a 9v battery in your sinus's
still, could be worse, i could still work in widnes and get the overwhelming aroma of rendering animal by products. Mmmm widnes, what a smell...
there's a place called the Granox, if you haven't smelt it then well, well done! you've survived the HORROR that widnesians have to put up with on a regular basis, want to sit out in your garden on a summers day? no chance.
want to hang your washing outside? yeah right.
vile place that should be moved to the moon.
pete

Seeing as you are from Warrington, I remember in my spotting days spending a day at Bank quay Station (I know I know) and by the end of the day, we stank of the detergent coming from the Lever Bros plant alongside. Actually, I remember the platforms were covered in a fine dust of the stuff too and I wondered if it began to foam and froth when it started to rain.

Berties

Fast and careful!
Some of the rape is stinking worse this year as it is drying,smells like boiling cabbage at a old people's home,give this a lift with a decaying corpse ,I am sat here hyper salivating saving up for a gag now

Melonfish

Evil Genius in training.
Seeing as you are from Warrington, I remember in my spotting days spending a day at Bank quay Station (I know I know) and by the end of the day, we stank of the detergent coming from the Lever Bros plant alongside. Actually, I remember the platforms were covered in a fine dust of the stuff too and I wondered if it began to foam and froth when it started to rain.
I bloody love that smell!
and yes, on rainy days your clothes do end up cleaner :biggrin:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
There are two dead and fermenting badgers on the side of the road near my place, within half a mile of one another. They've been there for a week and are most definitely at the "hold your breath as you go past" stage. We're just entering a spell of what promises to be hot and sunny weather. xx(

They'll soon be ready to expand and explode in the heat. :ohmy:

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
My favourite smell is when I pass a Pizza Hut. I always get a very strong wiff of pizza and garlic. YUM!

Other smells are seaweed on the coast, dung in fields, and of course the typical wiff of my own smell xx(

Top Bottom