Smells on route

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
When I commute I have to ride past loads of various take away's on my way home. Frankly I hate the smell, the food may taste fine but the smell is vile.

On a similar note it amazes me how many times I smell marijuana emanating from cars as they pass me. Once in a blue moon I could accept, not agree but accept, but it seems to be every time I go out these days!

Gixxerman

Guru
Being from a rural farming area, I get mostly manure that they spread on the land with gay abandon. I sometimes go past some chicken sheds as well, and the smell is simply awful. The worst incident was when a went past a field where a tractor was spraying something or other. I have no idea what it was, but a lung full of it nearly put an end to me.

I've experienced the dead, rotting badger.

On my urban commute, I also regularly get the unmistakable aroma of a fresh cannabis farm on a certain road.

wisdom

Guru
Most of my commute is pleasant smells not too many cars around first thing in the morning and just sweet smelling hedges etc especially after the regular rain.
However if the jet2 has just taken off or landed(it goes directly overhead and very low)I get a hot blast of burnt aviation fuel.Thats about the only unusual smell.

Bigsharn

Veteran
Depending how the wind's blowing, I can smell Rowntrees all the time in York, which depending on the day is a nice minty smell, or horribly burnt chocolate.

The Brewer

Shed Dweller
There's an Indian take away I pass on my way home in the evenings, truly gorgeous smell, that I've been riding past for over twelve months. Still never ordered from there though

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Smells en route should be salmon en croute.

-----------------------------------
Sent mobile phone stylee

Melonfish

Evil Genius in training.
Now that i'm reminded of smells, sometimes when i used to go past it the kellogs factory in trafford park can smell odd or bloody amazing.

MrC

Yesterday I was doing my lunchtime 10 mile circuit. Went passed some farm buildings just after a big downpour.
Couldn't work out if it was the cesspit that had overflowed, or they had dumped some human excrement based fertiliser.

At the time I was breathing pretty hard. Nearly vommed on myself as I drew in a meaty mouthful.

D

Deleted member 1258

I sometimes find myself behind the local dustcart on the way to work. xx( On the way home I go past a couple of chip shops, now I haven't eaten chips since I had my arteries done, but that smell almost draws me in some nights.

Top Bottom