Smidgaf - video - would you report this

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
gb155

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
I think we would be better to agree to dissagree on this one then:thumbsup:
And thats what I do, power walking is actually better for losing excess fat then running. its to do with the oxygen thats available to attatch itself to fat , so burning more off. If your out of breath there is less oxygen available to do this. I know I know, Iv opened myself right up to debate on this:thumbsup:

Agreed :smile:

If only I knew that before I took up cycling, I could have then been successful in weight loss.....oh wait ..... ;) only messing with ya

col

Legendary Member
Vehicles should give way on a roundabout to vehicles coming from the right.

O Level Law, 1983.
Thats right, but when a vehicle, never mind a slow one, has already entered before anything on the right, it has the right of way.

col

Legendary Member
Agreed :smile:

If only I knew that before I took up cycling, I could have then been successful in weight loss.....oh wait ..... ;) only messing with ya
Its only recently I learned this too, could have been an adonis years ago if Id known ^_^

OP
OP
gb155

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
After re watching it again the video does show it in the light it happened

And on the subject of light - its made me realise just how dark it is on that section - helmet light ftw I feel :0)

Norm

Thats one thing Im happy to spend on, well when allowed.
I have no idea why, possibly something to do with the Adonis reference earlier, but the first time I read that, I thought it ended "well endowed".

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
Thats right, but when a vehicle, never mind a slow one, has already entered before anything on the right, it has the right of way.
No such thing as right of way, it has priority.

Norm

No such thing as right of way, it has priority.
Is that not a touch pedantic, Gaz?

I think most people understood Col's post, even if his terminology may not stand up in court. IMO, picking him up on it ignores (or shows that you agree with) the point that he was making.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
Is that not a touch pedantic, Gaz?

I think most people understood Col's post, even if his terminology may not stand up in court. IMO, picking him up on it ignores (or shows that you agree with) the point that he was making.
I already said that the bus was on the roundabout before gaz in the second post :P

yello

but he was just on the roundabout before you

That's what it looked like to me as well. Though obviously it's difficult to know exactly where you were.

Personally, I'd let it go. At that time of day, in that weight of traffic, under those conditions you have to being extra vigilant.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
Ok Im from the old school, means the same thing really though doesnt it.
They essentially mean the same thing but the term 'right of way' is often used by people when they want to make them selves look more important than other road users.

Can someone prove how the fitment and use of a camera will reduce the risk of injury whilst cycling on public roads?
Possibly not.

I think they're more for capturing fun moments to share with mates, such as crashing into trees, falling off onto rocks, etc.

Top Bottom