Smidgaf - video - would you report this

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

col

Legendary Member
Did you watch the vid? Any slower and he would have been going backwards. He dealt with the "mistake" of the bus driver perfectly safely and properly.
There was no mistake on the bus driver, the mistake was forcing the so called incident. Some busses dont move off very quickly at all, it looks like this has happened. And even though the bus is halfway to the roundabout before the cyclist enters it, the cyclist decides to make something out of nothing.

Thomk

Guru
There was no mistake on the bus driver, the mistake was forcing the so called incident. Some busses dont move off very quickly at all, it looks like this has happened. And even though the bus is halfway to the roundabout before the cyclist enters it, the cyclist decides to make something out of nothing.
I didn't say it was a mistake by the bus, hence the quote marks to emphasise that I was simply quoting fenlandpsetcetcetc.

col

Legendary Member
Actually on looking and relooking, It shows you as being a mag..... no Id better not say it.;)

col

Legendary Member
I didn't say it was a mistake by the bus, hence the quote marks to emphasise that I was simply quoting fenlandpsetcetcetc.
Of course, Im sorry if i came across wrongly, I was simply stating the way it looks, so as not to carry the word mistake, in relation to the bus driver, as there was no mistake made.

boydj

Legendary Member
Had the bus been a car, then the decision to go when he saw the vehicle to his right was turning left would have been unremarkable. And it does put him on the roundabout just about before the next vehicle gets there.

col

Legendary Member
There's mini roundabout that I have to go through on a regular basis, but usually only in daylight. I expect to get carved up in similar fashion to the OP on every trip through it. My hands are covering the brakes every single time. I've yet to hit a car but it's been close on several recent occasions and I had a major shock the other day.... a WVM actually stopped and gave way to me ! Nearly fell off in surprise !
You seriously believe the op was cut up by the bus? :laugh: we're doomed.

OP
OP
gb155

gb155

Fan Boy No More.

The bus is half way round before I enter ? Jog on Man

col

Legendary Member
The bus is half way round before I enter ? Jog on Man
Check your vid again, the bus is halfway over the white line as you start to enter, you should have just held back a second or two. Result, no incident whatsoever.
And I hate jogging, too injury prone for my weight ^_^

OP
OP
gb155

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
Check your vid again, the bus is halfway over the white line as you start to enter, you should have just held back a second or two. Result, no incident whatsoever.
And I hate jogging, too injury prone for my weight ^_^

I take on board that Maybe the lens angle of the camera doesn't help but I was on it before he was

Power walk then ? ;)

Norm

As I said, I do think that the bus was on the roundabout before Gaz but not "half way round".

I reckon Gaz enters around 6 seconds in and the bus' front wheels are over the line at that point.

col

Legendary Member
I take on board that Maybe the lens angle of the camera doesn't help but I was on it before he was

Power walk then ? ;)
I think we would be better to agree to dissagree on this one then:thumbsup:
And thats what I do, power walking is actually better for losing excess fat then running. its to do with the oxygen thats available to attatch itself to fat , so burning more off. If your out of breath there is less oxygen available to do this. I know I know, Iv opened myself right up to debate on this:thumbsup:

col

Legendary Member
As I said, I do think that the bus was on the roundabout before Gaz but not "half way round".

I reckon Gaz enters around 6 seconds in and the bus' front wheels are over the line at that point.
My wrong choice of words, half way OVER THE LINE I should have said.

Top Bottom