Smoking drivers and fag ends.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I had a woman ping her lit fag end out of her car window this morning which almost hit me. I was mildly annoyed and though I would say "thanks" when we reached the bottom of the hill. I pulled up beside her open window and was about to speak when I was confronted with her applying her make up. To which I thought "What's the point" and cycled off.

On another note I noticed that I had been cycling the last 3 weeks without my pump attached to my bike! That would have been a long walk home on a 13 mile commute!!!

Tynan

Veteran
got hit by one once although not burnt, the offender was genuinely apologetic when accosted, it goes to show the attitude that nothing outside the car is real or matters

It's a pet hate of mine.

I should keep an ashtray in a bar bag and offer it to the motons as I filter past them.

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
ed_o_brain said:
It's a pet hate of mine.

I should keep an ashtray in a bar bag and offer it to the motons as I filter past them.
Empty it over them, see how they like it.

Pure laziness and not wanting to mess their cars up - they have bloody ashtrays but are too stupid/lazy to use them.

Gits - realy gets my hackles up, even when I'm in a car behind them and see them throwing them out the window. :sad::smile:!:biggrin::laugh:!

col

Legendary Member
Sh4rkyBloke said:
Empty it over them, see how they like it.

Pure laziness and not wanting to mess their cars up - they have bloody ashtrays but are too stupid/lazy to use them.

Gits - realy gets my hackles up, even when I'm in a car behind them and see them throwing them out the window. :biggrin::laugh:!:smile::tongue:!

I always wait till there is nothing around before throwing mine out of the window.:sad:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Just goes back to what myself and Bonjy was talking about on another thread. Smokers do not care that they selfishly litter with their fag butts.

Let alone think about the danger of throwing one out of a car window...
isn't that how wildfires start in Australia in the US?

col

Legendary Member
Oops sorry, I forgot how most against smokers never do anything wrong or naughty in other ways at all, and always seem to quote the most unlikely scenario as an example. ;)

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
I wonder if, the next time I'm riding and someone throws a ciggie end out of the window which nearly hits me, I should just spit into the car via the open window.... would this be seen as acceptable by them?

Oh no, I'd probably be done for assault... but it doesn't seem to work the other way round. Funny, that. ;)

col

Legendary Member
Sh4rkyBloke said:
I wonder if, the next time I'm riding and someone throws a ciggie end out of the window which nearly hits me, I should just spit into the car via the open window.... would this be seen as acceptable by them?

Oh no, I'd probably be done for assault... but it doesn't seem to work the other way round. Funny, that. :biggrin:

Wouldnt happen from me, I always make sure there is noone near before letting loose out of the window, but if someone mistakenly spat at me, they propably would be done with assualt.;)

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
col said:
Wouldnt happen from me, I always make sure there is noone near before letting loose out of the window, but if someone mistakenly spat at me, they propably would be done with assualt.:biggrin:
I assumed you were joking, for comedic effect... guess not, seems you're just a lazy, littering pillock like them. :laugh:

BTW, my spitting wouldn't be a mistake. ;)

col

Legendary Member
Sh4rkyBloke said:
I assumed you were joking, for comedic effect... guess not, seems you're just a lazy, littering pillock like them. :laugh:

BTW, my spitting wouldn't be a mistake. ;)

Not lazy, just keeping my car fresh and the ashtray clean, oh and being honest about what i do as a smoker, but otherwise I always hang on to my butt till a bin is found, but most of the time I carry one of those little keyring ashtrays with a flip lid.
Believe me your spitting would be a mistake :biggrin:

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
col said:
Not lazy, just keeping my car fresh and the ashtray clean, oh and being honest about what i do as a smoker, but otherwise I always hang on to by butt till a bin is found, but most of the time I carry one of those little keyring ashtrays with a flip lid.
Believe me your spitting would be a mistake ;)
Oh as long as your car (in which you smoke) is fresh and clean... shouldn't matter about the local roads. :biggrin:

nilling

Über Member
Eat MY Dust said:
I had a woman ping her lit fag end out of her car window this morning which almost hit me.

Was she the driver? If she managed to ping it out of the passenger window I would have been impressed! ;)

Carwash

Señor Member
col said:
Not lazy, just keeping my car fresh and the ashtray clean...

Umm... isn't the whole purpose of an ashtray to be gradually filled with ash? So that you don't have to dump it out of the window, for example. ;)

col

Legendary Member
Sh4rkyBloke said:
Oh as long as your car (in which you smoke) is fresh and clean... shouldn't matter about the local roads. ;)

I dont suppose one fag dump on a road with dog turd and rubbish , oil and deisel from badly maintained vehicles, dead animals being squashed, and phlem and spit on the roads from cyclists with colds or just nasty people who think its ok to spit in public places, from those so well behaved people who think smokers are the worst cause of littering on a road is really that bad in the whole scheme of things, do you? :biggrin:

Top Bottom