Smoking drivers and fag ends.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

col

Legendary Member
Carwash said:
Umm... isn't the whole purpose of an ashtray to be gradually filled with ash? So that you don't have to dump it out of the window, for example. ;)

Yes it is, I normally use a keyring ashtray to save that though, but sometimes( rarely) I will throw it out the window if its clear to do so.:biggrin:

Carwash

Señor Member
col said:
I dont suppose one fag dump on a road with dog turd and rubbish , oil and deisel from badly maintained vehicles, dead animals being squashed, and phlem and spit on the roads from cyclists with colds or just nasty people who think its ok to spit in public places, from those so well behaved people who think smokers are the worst cause of littering on a road is really that bad in the whole scheme of things, do you? ;)

What is it they say about 'two wrongs...'?

col

Legendary Member
Carwash said:
What is it they say about 'two wrongs...'?

Your right, and Iv been very naughty in doing this sometimes. But in a similar light, he who has not sinned cast the first stone, which I bet would stop anyone complaining about anything. ;)

nilling said:
Was she the driver? If she managed to ping it out of the passenger window I would have been impressed! ;)

It was out of the drivers window. I was contemplating overtaking her as she was going pretty slow, so I was sitting close the white lines. I suppose if I had been in the gutter "where cyclists belong" It would have missed me by miles!

skrx

col said:
I dont suppose one fag dump on a road with dog turd and rubbish , oil and deisel from badly maintained vehicles, dead animals being squashed, and phlem and spit on the roads from cyclists with colds or just nasty people who think its ok to spit in public places, from those so well behaved people who think smokers are the worst cause of littering on a road is really that bad in the whole scheme of things, do you? ;)

All the litterers' "one fag"s add up to employing several people to pick them up and put them in a bin. It's just as bad as people throwing empty bottles or food wrappers out of cars.

asterix

Comrade Member
I've noticed there've been a few roadside fires around these parts already. Things are very dry as little rain has fallen lately and I cannot think of any other reason for these fires than discarded cigarettes. Farmers don't normally burn down their own fences!

col

Legendary Member
skrx said:
All the litterers' "one fag"s add up to employing several people to pick them up and put them in a bin. It's just as bad as people throwing empty bottles or food wrappers out of cars.

I agree, its terrible. But I must admit Iv never seen a council litter picker using a special tool for dog ends, they just seem to be on the go all the time with crisp packets and cans and chewing gum. I wonder if the road sweepers catch all the dog ends that Iv thrown out of my car window amongst all the other rubbish, and when they steam clean chewing gum and spit from the pavements I dont recall it being designed specifically for dog ends ? Yes my one dog end probably on average a week is just pulling the council to its knees ;)

col

Legendary Member
asterix said:
I've noticed there've been a few roadside fires around these parts already. Things are very dry as little rain has fallen lately and I cannot think of any other reason for these fires than discarded cigarettes. Farmers don't normally burn down their own fences!

Not been near your parts in my car at all ;)

Maz

Guru
ed_o_brain said:
I should keep an ashtray in a bar bag and offer it to the motons as I filter past them.
Just offer them the filter.

skwerl

col said:
Your right, and Iv been very naughty in doing this sometimes. But in a similar light, he who has not sinned cast the first stone, which I bet would stop anyone complaining about anything. :smile:

You're wasting your time.
Forum cyclists never do any wrong (except you of course - fag monkey;)).
We are the holiest of holy, whiter than white.
Didn't you know that?

col

Legendary Member
skwerl said:
You're wasting your time.
Forum cyclists never do any wrong (except you of course - fag monkey;)).
Didn't you know that?

I should have shouldnt I? :smile:

col

Legendary Member
Eat MY Dust said:
TBH I don't care about people throwing their fag ends out of their windows. It only annoyed me this morning because it nearly hit me. If she'd been using her mirrors she may have chosen a different method of disposal.

Yeah like on the dashboard or in a nice clean shiny ashtray.:smile:

col

Legendary Member
Tynan said:
got hit by one once although not burnt, the offender was genuinely apologetic when accosted, it goes to show the attitude that nothing outside the car is real or matters

When accosted? ? It wasnt a pensioner or petit lady was it ?:laugh:

Sorry I should have realised, it was a bunch of big burly blokes Im sure.;)

anweledig

col said:
Not lazy, just keeping my car fresh and the ashtray clean, oh and being honest about what i do as a smoker,

Well - as long as your car ashtray is clean (BTW the smoke will ensure it still stinks as it is absorbed into the linings etc) then that's all that matters. The rest of us will of course be happy to live in a filthy, fagend strewn and littered environment.

If you think that it is any different to throwing any other rubbish out of your window then you both self-deluded and selfish.

Top Bottom