Smoking drivers and fag ends.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dirtyhanz

Veteran
Im sorry col there is right and wrong and you are just wrong

PBancroft

Last weekend I walked up Scafell Pike. The summit was strewn with discarded fag ends. Why? Ignorance and self justification in the delusion that it is "OK" to drop them.

In contrast, a friend I walked with also smokes. When he got to the top he had a fag - I don't see the need, but its up to him after all. After he finished he put the end in a plastic bag to carry back down. If he can do that, I'm sure drivers - and you, Col - can use the ashtray at arm's length.

Col, you are being ridiculous. It is my opinion that you should take a step back from this debate for a few days and then think about why there is a consensus view here about littering out of car windows, and whether you are right or wrong to do it.

And for what it is worth, I have read, and reread Goo's comment several times and wondered if I would be offended if someone said that to me. The truth is if someone asked me if I set an example to the children in my family and encouraged them to put their rubbish away in the bin rather than toss it in the street, I would hold my head up high and say Yes.

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
Kaipaith said:
...And for what it is worth, I have read, and reread Goo's comment several times and wondered if I would be offended if someone said that to me. The truth is if someone asked me if I set an example to the children in my family and encouraged them to put their rubbish away in the bin rather than toss it in the street, I would hold my head up high and say Yes.
Aaah, but you don't throw fag ends out of car windows when no-one is looking, so it's quite easy for you to say that you like to set a good example by (not) doing this... as can we all who don't litter... :smile:

Top Bottom