Smoking drivers and fag ends.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tynan

Veteran
ChrisCrc said:
Petition your MP if you want to change the Law on Flicking Fag butts from vehicles:thumbsup:.

-----------------------------
The long and winding hill, do you give up halfway or do you become its master.

A car being involved doesn;t change the offence, it's still littering

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
col said:
Agreed it doesnt,I know its wrong,and yes lazy and selfish too in the car, but it just goes to show the hipocracy by some on here, when they can liken a few butts out of a car window over a period of time, to question your ability to be a parent and blame you for all the litter problems ect that we have, so perfect are you that you havnt contributed in any way have you? Some on here are too perfect in life and wont admit to anything, so making them liers too.

OK Col - please tell us all exactly who questioned your ability to be a parent, and exactly how the ability was called into question ? I think you're increasingly trying to force more and more desperate interpretations onto what's been said to try and get yourself out of behaving in an abusive manner last night.

col

Legendary Member
Sh4rkyBloke said:
Am I living a lie? Really? What have I lied about? I don't smoke or litter so no lies there. I have previously owned up to riding across a 5m stretch of pavement on my commute (and risked scathing attacks) so haven't hidden that fact... pray do tell me exactly what I have been telling porky pies about.

Of course your not living a lie, you are perfect and have done nothing in your life that could be called naughty have you, so dont worry. your obviously telling the truth.

col

Legendary Member
goo_mason said:
OK Col - please tell us all exactly who questioned your ability to be a parent, and exactly how the ability was called into question ? I think you're increasingly trying to force more and more desperate interpretations onto what's been said to try and get yourself out of behaving in an abusive manner last night.

When you said to me about showing my kids a good example, then added rather than throwing it on the road, that was what annoyed, as they or should I say he doesnt.
No desperate interpretations there, just what you said.

col

Legendary Member
tyred said:
I think there are worse crimes than throwing a fag end from a car window and I must hold my hand up to having done it. There are times that I smoke while riding the bike if I just go out for a Sunday afternoon pootle. Again, I've dropped the butt. Raleigh didn't provide an ashtray!

ChrisCrc said:
Well done col for owning up to littering:laugh: I smoke and if i am smoking while walking i always throw my fag but ends on the road or grass or wherever i feel like it. It actually keeps people in work, if there was no litter then the Council workers will be out of a job:sad: and also my and your Council tax might be lower due to the fact. But lets put this all in perspective YES there are people that throw their rubbish out of their cars/vans/trucks and the like and can be a real safety issue if you actually get hit with one while cycling.

Petition your MP if you want to change the Law on Flicking Fag butts from vehicles:thumbsup:.

-----------------------------
The long and winding hill, do you give up halfway or do you become its master.

Be carefull, you will be called and challenged as the main culprits of our untidy and littered country,:becool:

goo_mason

col said:
When you said to me about showing my kids a good example, then added rather than throwing it on the road, that was what annoyed, as they or should I say he doesnt.
No desperate interpretations there, just what you said.

No, that isn't a statement questioning your ability to be a parent. Nice try though. First you claimed it meant that I was saying that your kids tossed litter in the street. Now you're trying to claim that it's questioning your ability to be a parent.

As I said, you're trying to interpret the same statement to suit the next desperate attempt you make to wiggle your way out of having been personally abusive.

col

Legendary Member
goo_mason said:
No, that isn't a statement questioning your ability to be a parent. Nice try though. First you claimed it meant that I was saying that your kids tossed litter in the street. Now you're trying to claim that it's questioning your ability to be a parent.

As I said, you're trying to interpret the same statement to suit the next desperate attempt you make to wiggle your way out of having been personally abusive.

Actually what you said was abusive, thats why i reacted to it.

goo_mason

Nice try again, Col.

Don't think there's been anyone else on this entire thread who has agreed or who will agree with you on that one.

Feel free to report me to the mods if you believe that I've been abusive in any way. My conscience is clear.

col

Legendary Member
goo_mason said:
Nice try again, Col.

Don't think there's been anyone else on this entire thread who has agreed or who will agree with you on that one.

Feel free to report me to the mods if you believe that I've been abusive in any way. My conscience is clear.

I vented my anger at it enough, dont see the need to start reporting anything. Whether others see it diffentally, which Im sure some would , I took it that way.
Now its a nice try of you to change the intent what you said.

just jim

I don't know how he's got away with the abuse on this thread. I keep this fellow on the ignore list usually, but that's some nasty language been used so far.

tyred

Legendary Member
col said:
Be carefull, you will be called and challenged as the main culprits of our untidy and littered country,:ohmy:

I may drop the occasional fag end if I have nowhere else to put it but I don't dump my unwanted washing machine/TV/Video recorder/bathroom suite/armchair at the side of the road which seems to be an increasing problem. I stopped and got of my bike on sunday to lift an old TV from the middle of the road...

Top Bottom