Smoking drivers and fag ends.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
Rhythm Thief said:
It's hardly inflammatory to express a hope that you bring your kids up not to drop their litter. Especially - as I said - as you'd just cheerfully admitted to dropping litter yourself. Goo wasn't commenting on your kids' actions, merely expressing a hope that you bring your kids up not to drop litter. Nothing to get upset about at all.

Well put - wish I'd seen that before my last post which doesn't say it quite so eloquently.

Anyway - glad I've got the day off tomorrow since I've been up so late following this discussion. But I'm off to bed - there's no more to be said on this tonight.

(Edit - except for the fact that I've had less personal abuse on the roads in the last year than I've had on this thread tonight !!)

col

Legendary Member
goo_mason said:
Well put - wish I'd seen that before my last post which doesn't say it quite so eloquently.

Anyway - glad I've got the day off tomorrow since I've been up so late following this discussion. But I'm off to bed - there's no more to be said on this tonight.

Its a pity you didnt word it like that then isnt it.

col

Legendary Member
Rhythm Thief said:
Sigh ... I'm off to bed in a minute. But for the last time, given that you'd just that minute admitted to tossing your litter in the street, it was a fairly reasonable phrase for him to use. besides, no matter how upset you were, there was no call to go off on one like you did.

So if someone says your kids do something they dont, you wouldnt get annoyed eh?

col

Legendary Member
goo_mason said:

(Edit - except for the fact that I've had less personal abuse on the roads in the last year than I've had on this thread tonight !!)

Saying my kids do something they dont will get that sort of reaction.

He didn't say your kids do something they don't, did he? All he did was express the hope that they don't drop litter. Which is reasonable enough. The phrase "rather than toss it into the street" is merely there to illustrate the opposite of what is desirable, if you'll forgive me for putting it so pompously.:wacko:

col

Legendary Member
Rhythm Thief said:
He didn't say your kids do something they don't, did he? All he did was express the hope that they don't drop litter. Which is reasonable enough. The phrase "rather than toss it into the street" is merely there to illustrate the opposite of what is desirable, if you'll forgive me for putting it so pompously.:smile:

If it was not meant as it seems , why add the rather than toss it in the street, because thats how it reads.

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
col said:
Quoting Goo_Mason:
I hope you're setting a better example to your children and encouraging them to put their rubbish away in the bin rather than toss it in the street.

You started it with this, or is this sort of insinuation ok by you?
That insinuation is perfectly acceptable to me.

You've admitted you (very bravely) wait until no-one is watching you before littering the streets, so Goo's question about whether you're raising your children with the same lazy, selfish attitude seems perfectly logical to me.

By all means throw a load of insults back at anyone who thinks you're a cock for littering, doesn't make what you're doing any more acceptable.

col

Legendary Member
Sh4rkyBloke said:
That insinuation is perfectly acceptable to me.

You've admitted you (very bravely) wait until no-one is watching you before littering the streets, so Goo's question about whether you're raising your children with the same lazy, selfish attitude seems perfectly logical to me.

By all means throw a load of insults back at anyone who thinks you're a cock for littering, doesn't make what you're doing any more acceptable.

Agreed it doesnt,I know its wrong,and yes lazy and selfish too in the car, but it just goes to show the hipocracy by some on here, when they can liken a few butts out of a car window over a period of time, to question your ability to be a parent and blame you for all the litter problems ect that we have, so perfect are you that you havnt contributed in any way have you? Some on here are too perfect in life and wont admit to anything, so making them liers too.
Iv thrown the odd fag out of a window, and made sure there was noone around to see it, as like the rest of you I didnt want to be fined for it, Nothing very brave about it as you seem to want to say?
I dont claim to be perfect in anything , but at least I dont pretend and lie to make it seem like it, hipocritical liers, what a great combination to pass on to your kids, thats if you can be truthfull about it in the first place, which some cant, so live the lie.
I am the questionable one because of what iv admitted too, some of you are ten times worse when you lie to cover your ways and portray a false image of what you really are. But hey, you will deny and lie and carry on doing that, because you dont have the honesty in you to admit to something that might tarnish your perfect character, and risk the wrath of the same sort of hipocritical liers on here.
I genuinly feel sorry for those too scared to tell the truth because of being fearfull of what others like you will say, and Im glad it seems a minority on here that are like this.
So you carry on living that lie and pretending to be something you are not, if it makes you happy, But the thing about dishonesty and Being a hipocrite is that it will catch up with you in the end.

tyred

Legendary Member
I think there are worse crimes than throwing a fag end from a car window and I must hold my hand up to having done it. There are times that I smoke while riding the bike if I just go out for a Sunday afternoon pootle. Again, I've dropped the butt. Raleigh didn't provide an ashtray!

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
col said:
Agreed it doesnt,I know its wrong,and yes lazy and selfish too in the car, but it just goes to show the hipocracy by some on here... blah blah blah ...So you carry on living that lie and pretending to be something you are not, if it makes you happy, But the thing about dishonesty and Being a hipocrite is that it will catch up with you in the end.
Am I living a lie? Really? What have I lied about? I don't smoke or litter so no lies there. I have previously owned up to riding across a 5m stretch of pavement on my commute (and risked scathing attacks) so haven't hidden that fact... pray do tell me exactly what I have been telling porky pies about.

Crankarm

Guru
I'm new here so please be gentle. 1st I declare I am a non smoker, have never succumbed. I post on this thread with a great deal of fear as it has got pretty heated. What's the old saying "Where there's smoke there's fire...." It amazes me how many smokers chuck fags out their car on hot sunny days the fag ends lying smouldering adjacent stationary traffic ready to ignite any car with a fuel leak that passes over or too close....Bang!!!!!!!!!:blush:

Also when going along drivers chuck fags out only for the fag to be sucked back in the open rear window and as it has been exposed to a nice blast of RAM air quickly re-ignites setting fire to the rear seats :smile: :becool:.

However the poor chap who challenged, and maybe threw back inside, sweet wrappers, a Mars bar I think, that a car passenger threw out the window of a car in stationary traffic, paid with his life when he was stabbed to death. The public spirited pedestrian turned out to be a young doctor. It was on the national news last year.

I can smell drivers in cars who are puffing away before they pass and after they have gone by :sad:.

ChrisCrc

Well done col for owning up to littering:laugh: I smoke and if i am smoking while walking i always throw my fag but ends on the road or grass or wherever i feel like it. It actually keeps people in work, if there was no litter then the Council workers will be out of a job:sad: and also my and your Council tax might be lower due to the fact. But lets put this all in perspective YES there are people that throw their rubbish out of their cars/vans/trucks and the like and can be a real safety issue if you actually get hit with one while cycling.

Petition your MP if you want to change the Law on Flicking Fag butts from vehicles:thumbsup:.

-----------------------------
The long and winding hill, do you give up halfway or do you become its master.

Tynan

Veteran
I've kinda forgotten col other than his style was trenchant and argumentative but this isn't him surely?

the no para style alone is different, half term init?

Top Bottom