Smoking drivers and fag ends.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

col

Legendary Member
Rhythm Thief said:
You've spent a good bit of the thread saying how you chuck your dog ends out of your car window. If you don't think this is OK, stop doing it.

I dont normally, but I admitted to doing it sometimes and look how everyone reacts, no wonder people wont admit to things;)

No one's reacted with more venom and vigour than you. If I was goo, I'd be expecting some kind of apology about now. You've behaved like an arse.

col

Legendary Member
Rhythm Thief said:
No one's reacted with more venom and vigour than you. If I was goo, I'd be expecting some kind of apology about now. You've behaved like an arse.

Its the other way round , he said my kids throw their rubbish in the street, they dont, nor do I, and I admitted to throwing fag ends out of the window thats what Was being talked about.

col

Legendary Member
This was what he said.

I hope you're setting a better example to your children and encouraging them to put their rubbish away in the bin rather than toss it in the street

col

Legendary Member
col said:
This was what he said.

I hope you're setting a better example to your children and encouraging them to put their rubbish away in the bin rather than toss it in the street

If he had said
I hope you're setting a better example to your children and encouraging them to put their rubbish away in the bin.
Thats fine, but to add rather than toss it in the street was a bit below the belt .

col said:
If he had said
I hope you're setting a better example to your children and encouraging them to put their rubbish away in the bin.
Thats fine, but to add rather than toss it in the street was a bit below the belt .

No it wasn't. You'd just admitted to doing precisely that.

It's hardly inflammatory to express a hope that you bring your kids up not to drop their litter. Especially - as I said - as you'd just cheerfully admitted to dropping litter yourself. Goo wasn't commenting on your kids' actions, merely expressing a hope that you bring your kids up not to drop litter. Nothing to get upset about at all.

col

Legendary Member
Rhythm Thief said:
It's hardly inflammatory to express a hope that you bring your kids up not to drop their litter. Especially - as I said - as you'd just cheerfully admitted to dropping litter yourself. Goo wasn't commenting on your kids' actions, merely expressing a hope that you bring your kids up not to drop litter. Nothing to get upset about at all.

Yes I have admitted to throwing the odd fag end out of the car, but Iv never said my kids throw litter on the street.
I wouldnt have got upset if he hadnt of added the " rather than toss it in the street",

col

Legendary Member
goo_mason said:
No Col - it's about your actions and the hope that your kids are being taught not to follow your example on littering.

How could they follow my example, they have never been there when iv thrown a dump out of the window, in fact he holds on to everything till we come across a bin.

col said:
Yes I have admitted to throwing the odd fag end out of the car, but Iv never said my kids throw litter on the street.
I wouldnt have got upset if he hadnt of added the " rather than toss it in the street",

Sigh ... I'm off to bed in a minute. But for the last time, given that you'd just that minute admitted to tossing your litter in the street, it was a fairly reasonable phrase for him to use. besides, no matter how upset you were, there was no call to go off on one like you did.

Top Bottom