Smoking ............... No more.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
because they haven't proven if they are safe for us
They have to be safer than cigarettes, because it is pure nicotine in them and none of the hundreds of other crap and rubbish toxins that you get In cigarettes. people aren't on these things for years, just long enough to help them quit for goodness sake.

uclown2002

Guru
I still see lots of school children smoking around here.
So sad to see; would like to know how many of their parents smoke.

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
I don't think it's necessarily parents, I think it's their peer group. My parents didn't smoke, my relatives didn't smoke, my sisters didn't smoke; but my mates did - it was cool.

welsh dragon

Peer group yes,but peer pressure no. The bottom line for me and I suspect others is that we and I put myself in this group are pre disposed to addictive activities whether that is gambling, alcohol, food, smoking, drugs and or angthing else that is addictive. Having that first cigarette is just the tip of the iceberg. We took it because we wanted to try it.
we have addictive personalities and it could have been alcohol if we had been older.

that is my humble oppinion anyway and to say peer pressure is to try to lay the blame at someoene elses door rather than my own. I pefer to take full responsibility for my own actions even if I was only 12 when I started. No one forced me or put pressure on me to try a cigarette. maybe for others it was different.

tyred

Legendary Member
I would have to agree. I don't ever remember being pressurised into smoking. I asked someone for my first cigarette because I felt I would to try it. I was about 12 as well. The girl that gave it to me was about 2 years older than me, handed one to me, said, "ok, but don't make a habit of it!"......a warning I wish I'd been mature enough to understand at the time....

welsh dragon

I would have to agree. I don't ever remember being pressurised into smoking. I asked someone for my first cigarette because I felt I would to try it. I was about 12 as well. The girl that gave it to me was about 2 years older than me, handed one to me, said, "ok, but don't make a habit of it!"......a warning I wish I'd been mature enough to understand at the time....

Let's face it, we were all a bunch of numptys. :cry:

tyred

Legendary Member
I have always struggled with something - weight/over-eating, smoking, drinking, turning casual interests into particular subjects into complete obsessions to the exclusion of everything else for long periods of timing before moving on to something else.

I now feel that it was the result of a difficult and unhappy childhood. It has taken me years to achieve some sort of emotional stability in my life but I struggle to wean myself of the crutches I started using in my teens.

welsh dragon

I have always struggled with something - weight/over-eating, smoking, drinking, turning casual interests into particular subjects into complete obsessions to the exclusion of everything else for long periods of timing before moving on to something else.

I now feel that it was the result of a difficult and unhappy childhood. It has taken me years to achieve some sort of emotional stability in my life but I struggle to wean myself of the crutches I started using in my teens.

You have made a good point there. I am a bit like that. A bit compulsive.

Peteaud

Veteran
I don't think it's necessarily parents, I think it's their peer group. My parents didn't smoke, my relatives didn't smoke, my sisters didn't smoke; but my mates did - it was cool.

Same here.

welsh dragon

Well done. We have to enourage all newbies who smoke or have given up to come to this thread. Keep up the good word with the cigs.

welsh dragon

It seems there are quite a few people who have just given up who dont know we are here. Vernon has given up there are a few on that thread who may want to join in

Top Bottom