Smoking ............... No more.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tyred

Legendary Member
Well done to everyone who quit.

I smoked for 34 years with just just one year I managed to stop.
I've done a lot of cycling in the last 10 years and I think that actually masked the effects as I felt fit!
I used to do a 50+ mile ride and get home and have a cigarette. Seems utterly mad now.

Not had a cigarette for over two months and using an e cig. The previous time I have up I used NRT and it was a nightmare but with this it's actually very easy and I'm cutting down the nicotine strength in that. Think I've cracked it.
No real increase in average speed yet but I don't spend the first few miles clearing my lungs.

My partner is thinking holiday with the money saved later in the year but I think she nees to know how much cycling has helped so she needs to support me by encouraging me to spend £ on another bike. Wish me luck

Yes, I think the E-cig was my saving grace too. I managed to smoke 20 a day while wearing the strongest patches available a few years ago as I found they did absolutely nothing for cravings.

I found I very quickly came to prefer the E-cig to normal fags. I alway remember being in the shop where I bought it sampling all the tobacco flavoured juices to try and find one that tasted like my preferred brand and the girl who was guiding me through it told me I'd be back in a few days to try something like the fruit flavours which actually taste nice because everyone realises very quickly that all tobaccos taste horrible. She was right:rolleyes: I'm using a cherry flavoured one at the moment.:becool:

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Good for you :thumbsup:

Colin B

Stopped smoking 170 days ago and use an ecig at the moment . When I started I used 8 bottles a month but now I've had 8 bottle last me a month and I've reduced the nicotine strength too . patches never worked for me but this seems to be . I've still got my tobacco tin in a draw and I've never touched it so I'll chuck it soon although its probably drier than ghandis flip flop now .Goals were 100 days done that , buy bike done that and now my goal is to be ready to do TPT Southport - hornsea on my 50th net year

welsh dragon

Congratulations on your goals. Cant wait until you give up the e cig as well. Well done....yayyyyyyyy

welsh dragon

Yeah ecigs getting less used everyday but to me its just a patch that actually works so that's good .

Anything that helps is good no matter what it is. So you've cut down on the strength, bought a new bike, so what's your next goal?

welsh dragon

Its the TPT Southport to hornsea about 215 miles I think gonna work to it over the next 18 months and do it around my 50th

Good luck. What about giving up the e cig?

Colin B

I'll just take that as it comes with the ecig when I decided to use it in place of patches I said I'd use it and reduce until in was on nicotine free liquids I've dropped and plan to drop again before June the end result is I will hopefully have got rid before end of 2014

welsh dragon

I'll just take that as it comes with the ecig when I decided to use it in place of patches I said I'd use it and reduce until in was on nicotine free liquids I've dropped and plan to drop again before June the end result is I will hopefully have got rid before end of 2014

Well done. Please let us know how things go for you. It's nice to keep in touch.

welsh dragon

Well done. it will be 2 years at the end of june for me. After smoking for well over 40 years, I can't believe that I could ever give up, but I did. Congrats to everyone

Simmer

37 weeks since my last smoke, after a 29 year habit. I also used e-cigs and switched to zero nicotine juice. After a few weeks I quit them too and not looked back.. I do still have the occasional mad craving for a fat cigar though !

I installed the "kick smoking" app on my phone as well, which i found great. Still have it...

Smoke free for 36 Weeks 6 days
Saved yourself from 2848 cigarettes
You have saved £507​

cycling has definitely been a help, being able to see the difference it makes after a small climb and not having your lungs feel like they're on fire.

well done to everyone else, it aint easy !

welsh dragon

Wow. What a great idea to, have an app on your phone that tells you how much money you have saved.

Top Bottom