Smoking ............... No more.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Thats it.....
Woke up this morning and thought, F**k It! I'm not doing this anymore.

So after 23 years of smoking roll-ups I've quit as from today.

Anyone else done this as I feel like crap :wacko:
hi,
i smoked for 20+ years i just gave them up no patches no sneakey fags... what did it for me was wen i was cycling up hills i was breathing through my fat ass i avant had a smoke in nerly 2 years do i feel better hell yea, my recovery is faster i still get out of breath but recover faster.. if u feel like a smoke get on u bike and head for the steepest hill you no trust me you wont wont a smoke after that bro.keep it up oh yea im 45 nerly 46 over weight (working on that one ) and i cycle every day to work and every sunday 45-60 miles .

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
hi,
i smoked for 20+ years i just gave them up no patches no sneakey fags... what did it for me was wen i was cycling up hills i was breathing through my fat ass i avant had a smoke in nerly 2 years do i feel better hell yea, my recovery is faster i still get out of breath but recover faster.. if u feel like a smoke get on u bike and head for the steepest hill you no trust me you wont wont a smoke after that bro.keep it up oh yea im 45 nerly 46 over weight (working on that one ) and i cycle every day to work and every sunday 45-60 miles .

Well done. Nice one

tyred

Legendary Member
hi,

Stopping at the top of big climbs to admire the view and relax for a few minutes with a fag used to be one of my favourite parts of cycling. A well earned reward for physical effort.

Makes me laugh to think about it now but it seemed perfectly normal behaviour until a few months ago.:stop:

I found my "emergency" packet of Drum, lighter and a few Rizzla papers in the side pocket of my large Carradice bag which I hadn't used in a few months:wacko:

welsh dragon

Stopping at the top of big climbs to admire the view and relax for a few minutes with a fag used to be one of my favourite parts of cycling. A well earned reward for physical effort.

Makes me laugh to think about it now but it seemed perfectly normal behaviour until a few months ago.:stop:

I found my "emergency" packet of Drum, lighter and a few Rizzla papers in the side pocket of my large Carradice bag which I hadn't used in a few months:wacko:

:headshake:Throw them away:stop:

Cold

I smoked for nearly 20 years and had tried to stop and always gave up.
Then in 2009 I was coming back from France with the idea that I would buy 1000 fags at duty free then when they were finished I would stop smoking, I ended up being late for the train didn't get the fags and arrived back in London with only a few left in a packet.
When I finished them I just stopped didn't use any aids to help and haven't had one for 5 years now.
I've never understood why I found it so easy to stop this time when in the past I was climbing the walls after an hour of not having one.

tyred

Legendary Member
I
I've never understood why I found it so easy to stop this time when in the past I was climbing the walls after an hour of not having one.

I think you just reach a point where you've had enough of it.

I never realised how much I hated smoking and what a hassle it actually is until I stopped.

welsh dragon

Already done. In reality, it was so dried out, you couldn't have smoked it anyway.

Good man

Cold

I think you just reach a point where you've had enough of it.

I never realised how much I hated smoking and what a hassle it actually is until I stopped.

I was the same, one of the main things I noticed was the amount of spare time I had I also wonder how I could every afford to smoke.

tyred

Legendary Member
I was the same, one of the main things I noticed was the amount of spare time I had I also wonder how I could every afford to smoke.

In theory I have saved money but it's not immediately apparent where it is hiding itself. Certainly not in my bank account.

Have to agree with the saved time. I was subconsciously allowing an 5 or 10 minutes here and there everywhere throughout the day so I could have a nice relaxing smoke before going into a building. Not only do you shorten your life, you waste a large percentage of the days you are alive....

welsh dragon

In theory I have saved money but it's not immediately apparent where it is hiding itself. Certainly not in my bank account.

Have to agree with the saved time. I was subconsciously allowing an 5 or 10 minutes here and there everywhere throughout the day so I could have a nice relaxing smoke before going into a building. Not only do you shorten your life, you waste a large percentage of the days you are alive....

I agree., I have also saved money, I just don't know where it is

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
Hello, not an ex-smoker as such, I dabbled years ago when going out with a girl who smoked but was never so happy to be dumped as it meant no more fags just to take the funny taste of snogging her away.

@welsh dragon pointed me over here as a retired addict.

I've just kicked a hefty dose of codeine misuse into touch, same as many on here, I reached a point when it really was time to stop and I actually wanted not to be on them anymore, I went with will power & cold turkey. It's been a tough few weeks but I feel like a whole different person now. I've been reading back over this thread with nods of recognition & thinking kudos to everyone who has ditched the cigs.

welsh dragon

Nice to see you here. We're , all ex adicts here, of one kind or another. You have done really well. Keep up the good work.

welsh dragon

I think because we have all had an addiction of some kind, it makes it a lot easier for us to get hooked on something else. That's why we have to be extra careful I some ways. It's not nice is it, having to battle away everyday, especially with something that seems as innocuous as pain killers. We are always here if you need us.

well done. Your a winner. You have had the hard part of actually stopping. You can continue to win. Well done. Give yourself a pat on the back. And tell yourself your a winner everyday.

Top Bottom