Smoking ............... No more.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Colin B

Yeah I got it to see what money I'd been wasting

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
1 year and 3 weeks so far for me ... no ecigs, no patches just good old fashioned cold turkey
But do whatever works for you and stick to it ... best of luck everyone

Hi. You did well to, not use anything. That must have taken a lot of willpower. Good for you.

tyred

Legendary Member
If I had all the money I have spent on fags over 22 years, I could be driving around in a new Mercedes or have had the holiday of a lifetime.

welsh dragon

If i had all the money I have spent over the last 40 years I could have a house. Now that is a horrendous thought.

welsh dragon

I have been quit 6 years so saving at least a fiver a week (I always smoked bootleg baccy). I would love to know where that fiver a week has gone, I never seem to notice it :laugh:

Likewise with the £30 plus per week I spent. It disappears into the ether somewhere, never to be seen again. Maybe i shoud start putting that amount into a jar or something.

welsh dragon

Yes, it is a very expensive way of wrecking your health. And for what???

They say theres no fool like an old fool and I am definitely an old fool. Still at least I learned my lesson even if it did take a hell, of a long time. Still, I wish i had all that bloody money in my pocket. Dam

tyred

Legendary Member
Yes, it is a very expensive way of wrecking your health. And for what???

Think of all the advantages like, er, hmmm, er, the privilege of waking up with a chesty cough!

I must admit the only genuine concern I had was down to the fact that any conversation I ever seemed to have on nights out was with other smokers in the smoking areas and I worried I would never speak to anyone ever again but those fears have been ungrounded. Quite the opposite really as I now feel more relaxed and confident!

Cold Snail

Über Member
A week and a day here, just stopped, no patches, no e-cigs.
I've only recently started cycling again, but when I was out on the bike I felt so much better, that I decided to quit the nicotine.
I'm currently in the coughing phase due to the little hairs inside my lungs growing back, but it's slowly getting easier and I'm riding the bike more (88 miles since Saturday) to take my mind off of it.

welsh dragon

A week and a day here, just stopped, no patches, no e-cigs.
I've only recently started cycling again, but when I was out on the bike I felt so much better, that I decided to quit the nicotine.
I'm currently in the coughing phase due to the little hairs inside my lungs growing back, but it's slowly getting easier and I'm riding the bike more (88 miles since Saturday) to take my mind off of it.

Well done. All of us on this thread know what your going through. You have done well not to have needed anything. I used niquitin lozenges to give up. I smoked for over 40 years and never thought I could do it. Well done again, and just think of the bike you'll be able to buy with all the money your saving. And we are always here if you need someone to talk to. Continuing good luck.

Cold Snail

Über Member
Thanks for the support.
I foolishly started again a couple of years ago after close to 20 years off them. Last time I don't recall the coughing phase, but I knew that after one week off smoking, it was a good mental crutch to say to myself that I could do another week.

Top Bottom