Snot & Phlegm

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
Three weeks of it , firstly the gastric one, starts to get better, then the headache super lethargy, starts to get better, now the chest one, starting to get better, even I'm fed up of me now !

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
It's true that GtiJunior has left the nest so we are more in control of household hygiene. We do make a big thing of hand-washing on entering the house meaning we don't spread viruses all over the place.
Given that you spend so much of your time jetting off to Africa on business and (presumably?) shaking hands with lots of customers, you are doing well to have gone 18 months without a bug - I have had 3 this year, costing me over 2 months off my bike!

Globalti

Legendary Member
Good point but I'm hardly doing any Africa trips nowadays and in any case flus and colds are much less prevalent. You're far more likely to get a tummy bug from food that's been kept warm for too long on hotel buffets or salads or inadequately cooked meat so I always carry a powerful antibiotic that our travel doctor gives us.

The last time I caught a cold was in South Africa when I had a meeting at Woolworths in Cape Town. Sitting opposite a very rude and obese woman when she suddenly looked up from checking social media on her phone and let go two explosive sneezes, spraying me full in my face. I held my breath but sure enough the next day the sore throat started.

Last edited:

12boy

Guru
When I get a cold I go to bed and sleep. I've long believed that I get sick when I need to, meaning I am stressed and tired to the point my body says....knock it off...I will put you down for a while and then you will have to slow down. I also have a childish faith that riding my bike when it's cold prevents colds as this makes my nose run like a faucet and cleans out the sinus. As I got older the frequency of colds diminished so I can't remember the last one. Of course, that could be dementia.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Our house has been full of it over the past week.
Both kids off school and both parents feeling rough too.
My son’s class had 13 kids off on Tuesday, that’s when you know there’s a bug going round.
think i caught this from work mates tbh , 3 others been off with it over the last week , i am now at the cough lumps and sniffle phase so getting better :smile:

ColinJ

think i caught this from work mates tbh , 3 others been off with it over the last week , i am now at the cough lumps and sniffle phase so getting better :smile:
It might be a bit premature to smile about your imminent recovery... :whistle:

I have had 3 colds this year and each time took 2+ weeks to recover after that phase. I know 3 or 4 other people who have had the same experience. There must be a particularly nasty strain of cold virus doing the rounds this year!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!

I have had 3 colds this year and each time took 2+ weeks to recover after that phase. I know 3 or 4 other people who have had the same experience. There must be a particularly nasty strain of cold virus doing the rounds this year!

We've had loads of folk off sick, doesn't help that we are mixing with thousands of snotty students !

cyberknight

been off the bike over a week now , had to have last friday off as i had the full on shivers, cough, sniffles and apparantly my eyes started to close up .
Still coughing and sniffly and im thinking may as well leave the cycling this week and get really better rather than prolonging it and bee unwell over x mas

ColinJ

been off the bike over a week now , had to have last friday off as i had the full on shivers, cough, sniffles and apparantly my eyes started to close up .
Still coughing and sniffly and im thinking may as well leave the cycling this week and get really better rather than prolonging it and bee unwell over x mas
Bad luck!

Best to take it easy for a while - I rushed back onto the bike after the first cold of the year and did a 100 mile ride which resulted in me getting ill again.

cyberknight

well today im will be doing turbo session later as mrs ck working so i cant get out and tbh its the 1st time in a week and a half i have felt capable .

Top Bottom