Snot

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Stevei T

I've been riding since the beginning of Feb, really enjoying it,lost loads of weight and feel great. The only thing spoiling my riding (and my two riding buddies) at the moment is the shear amount of snot i seem to produce as soon as my bum hits the saddle.
I'm wondering if anyone else suffers from the dreaded no11 dribbling across their faces and if they have found a way to combat the problem.
Wetre doing the C2C at the end of the month and i dont want to have to ride at the back all day unloading.
All good advice gratefully appreciated, and my mates will be grateful too.

OP
OP
S

Stevei T

Got that off pat fella, thats why my buds no longer have to starch their shirts.

OP
OP
S

Stevei T

Seeing as your all being so helpful, what can we do about my mates god awfull wind.
Because if my nose becomes clear i forsee big trouble ahead.

lukesdad

Stevei T said:
Seeing as your all being so helpful, what can we do about my mates god awfull wind.
Because if my nose becomes clear i forsee big trouble ahead.

make sure you ride in front of him.:ohmy::biggrin::biggrin:

OP
OP
S

Stevei T

It will be an interesting summer for avg's with every body wanting to lead from the front.
God only knows what affliction the third member of our trio will develop.
Watch this space!!!!!!!

Moodyman

Legendary Member
Yes snot is normal and that's what the back of the mitts is for.

The breathe in and fire from the mouth method is best - but just look over your should before you release it. I once hit a car windscreen because we were both slowing ahead of the lights and his engine was running quietly in neutral.

He just washed it off with windscreen wash.

ASC1951

Guru
Moodyman said:
Yes snot is normal and that's what the back of the mitts is for.
I'd rather keep my mitts dry. Thumb over the end of the other nostril, blow: always works for me.

gavintc

Guru
I always presumed that snot was a by-product of cycling. If you are waiting for the weather to warm up - well keep waiting. I am currently commuting in 20-25C temps and producing snot continually.

OP
OP
S

Stevei T

Sounds like you've got it made. 20-25 heat, we've got 11-12.
We've got sustrans, youve got DIY snailtrail.
I'm booking flight's

Globalti

Legendary Member
It's the response of your eyes to wind and dust, they produce extra tears. Protective specs might help.

Yeah, wind and particulates irritate the eyes, which water and this runs down into the nasal cavity and irritate the lining producing snot. Which in my case then runs out of my nose and soaks into my moustache.

I must perfect this snot rocket technique, useful when commuter racing too I suppose. Not that I would ever do something like that on purpose. :sad:

Crankarm

Guru
Cyclists who jetison their snot over other riders and into traffic are filthy pigs. Just carry a small wad of tissue in your bar bag, up your sleeve or just inside the front zip of your jersey. When you feel your nose is running then blow it but don't fire your snot out your nose! It's a fecking disgusting habit :sad:.

Top Bottom