So all those rumours about Robert Millar were true then...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Gary Imlach confirmed it on today's TdF highlights show.
He did. And avoided tying himself in knots.

Can we refer to her achievements as a cyclist as I think Gary did if they were achieved when she was a he? Or should we not simply accept Robert Millar sometime KoM exists as a coherent idea alongside but separately to Philippa York expert pundit and commentator? The only person I know well who has reassigned her gender does not like his past (sporting) achievements to be presented as her own, as it were.

*dons flameproof suit*

Can we refer to her achievements as a cyclist as I think Gary did if they were achieved when she was a he?
That's an interesting question, because women aren't allowed to enter le tour.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
if I'm honest this question hadn't even crossed my mind, but the then and now in many ways are irrelevant, the person that is now Philippa York rode the TDF and was a world class cyclist and so I have no issue if Philippa York claims she has rode the TDF, in my book Philippa York has rode the TDF......if i can be honest again, I don't really care either way as long as her punditry is insightful, knowledgeable and interesting then I'm ok with whatever.
The record books show no one of that name, nor that gender, ever having competed in the TdeF.

EDIT: Why no other female pundits I wonder?

FFS, maybe you should get an expert to look at those chips on your shoulder.
can I get a TMN, please?

Well your point - whatever it is - seems to be important to you. But on second thoughts, do I really care what you think ? Nope.
Yup, he has me on ignore @rich p , so he thought you were talking to him
Travis-Bickle-Saying-You-Talking-To-Me-Taxi-Driver.gif

Tick "thin skinned"

Top Bottom