So am I the only American here?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
somewhere in america

somewhere in america

member of the unknown
Well I did it. Finally got the bars rewrapped much tighter this time; I hope they don't slide down now but I still have some double sided tape left. Also filled the tires.... first time with a presta wasn't difficult. Also wiped down the whole bike LOTS of dog hair! The chain needs a good cleaning but I've got no lube left.... will have to wait until I get a job.

Well I did it. Finally got the bars rewrapped much tighter this time; I hope they don't slide down now but I still have some double sided tape left. Also filled the tires.... first time with a presta wasn't difficult. Also wiped down the whole bike LOTS of dog hair! The chain needs a good cleaning but I've got no lube left.... will have to wait until I get a job.
Stop the dog riding your bike too - it will save time cleaning.

OP
OP
somewhere in america

somewhere in america

member of the unknown
I think I'm going to ride this weekend maybe even both days. I still need to re-wrap the bars.... I don't think I got the tape tight enough last time they keep sliding down. It doesn't help I had my bike outside under the awning except for the bars so they got wet every time it rained. The sticky part is toast. and put some air in the tires.
Scratch that.... if I don't get a job this week I can't ride this weekend.
I knew there was something wrong with that front tire. Didn't hold air like the back. When I filled it last night the valve seemed different somehow.... looser or something, anyway, it just blew all the air out a few minutes ago...
right when my cat walked by , she jumped about a foot and now she's affraid of the bike!

Saluki

World class procrastinator
:biggrin:
I ALWAYS do that!
Hubby actually pronounces it Cottessey, despite me telling him otherwise. I think that its ingrained now, like my sister saying 'con-sed-ation' for condensation :laugh:

OP
OP
somewhere in america

somewhere in america

member of the unknown
Well mother f**ker there goes the other tire. So either the gauge on my very expensive pump is wrong or the 110 psi rating on my cheap Kenda tires is wrong. It does say MAX 110 but I filled them to 110 and then let a bit of air out.
Never once did I have any problems with the schrader tires on my old bike. Only had to fill them if I fixed a puncture which was one time in the 6000 miles I rode that bike and the one time I bought new tires.
if this is how it's gonna be I want new wheels with shrader valves. It's hard enough talking myself into riding so when I do it better be ready to ride!!!!

Top Bottom