So, cycling is off tomorrow, then?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
How was the MTB ride in?

Sluggish :tongue:

I had robbed the M520's for a project some weeks ago and foolishly replaced them with basic platform pedals (afterall it's what MTB'ers use, so I'm told). Rookie error of the day was that I thought I could use old trainer-stylee SPD shoes atop the nasty platform pedals. I didn't feel 'as one' with the machine :sad:

p.s. I'm not 'linking' the part about you not being able to get out at the weekend - to the person above... just the bit about the reporter and growing snow.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Sluggish :tongue:

I had robbed the M520's for a project some weeks ago and foolishly replaced them with basic platform pedals (afterall it's what MTB'ers use, so I'm told). Rookie error of the day was that I thought I could use old trainer-stylee SPD shoes atop the nasty platform pedals. I didn't feel 'as one' with the machine :sad:

p.s. I'm not 'linking' the part about you not being able to get out at the weekend - to the person above... just the bit about the reporter and growing snow.

I can't remember the last time i rode a bike sans spd. But when I did I do remember it was hellish lol.

I have resigned myself to not getting out at all over the weekend :sad:

Brandane

Legendary Member
I live in Cornwall, we are the only place that doesn't get snow. Not sure if I should be happy or sad.

Very rare here too. None today, and none forecast. It's either cold and dry here, or mild and wet. So the bike may well get a wee outing today.

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
I can't remember the last time i rode a bike sans spd. But when I did I do remember it was hellish lol.

I have resigned myself to not getting out at all over the weekend :sad:

Yep - it just feels wrong, without SPD. I'll be out - likely on both days but expecting my mileage to be demished and it'll almost certainly be on this brick of an MTB.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Looks like being a normal Saturday here in Lancs so I'll be out on the CX/winter bike. If any snow falls I'll put some off road tyres on it as a concession.

Top Bottom