So Fed Up At Work!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steve23

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!! ;):biggrin:!:smile:

im so fed up at work at the moment, i just want to get out!!!
i was soooo close to walking out this aftn, just fed up fed up fed up!!!!!!!!!!

am looking for another job, but at the mo it only seems like there is cleaning jobs or avon reps avaliable! and trust me, im suited to neither!!!

grrr

rant over!!! :ohmy:

Zoiders

I think you could throw avon parties, get dressed up, throw on a bit of make up, it strikes me as a potential untapped market - throwing avon parties for transvestites

Van Nick

Hi Steve,

What would your ideal job be ?

Once you have decided that, then you can identify all of the steps that you need to follow in order to achieve your goal.

OP
OP
S

steve23

i dont know what my ideal job would be!!!

ive only ever had the one job since i left school! sad i know, but i just want to change, maybe reduce hours and live a bit before its time to properly "grow up", with a house, bills, maybe kids etc etc

ive asked at my current job, but they wont let me!

Melvil

My ideal job would be the conceptualiser for the news items on BBC 'Breakfast' all I would need to do is attend one west london dinner party and I would be made for the next six months.

OP
OP
S

steve23

i am a supervisor in a warehouse. its ok i suppose, but im just fed up!

ive been there since i was 16, so they know me inside out (well should do!) but they wont consider my hours etc etc, so im afraid i want to now look elsewhere!

plus 90% of the staff are complete c*cks!

Danny

Legendary Member
steve23 said:

ive been there since i was 16, so they know me inside out (well should do!) but they wont consider my hours etc etc, so im afraid i want to now look elsewhere!
I suggest you arrange to sit down and talk to your boss about things as calmly as possible. Try and be positive - rather than just saying you are fed up, explain that you want a role that is more challenging and gives you an opportunity to learn new skills and get a wider range of experience.

If your employer is any good, and values what you do, they should respond positively. If you don't get a positive response, you know it is time to look for a new job.

There are plenty of other employers who need supervisors of one kind or another. If you start looking for other jobs push the fact that you have been a supervisor, not that you've worked in a warehouse (unless you want another warehouse job). Try and demonstrate that the skills and experience you've built up are "transferable" to other types of job setting.

Get your HGV licence. The hours can be long, but the money's pretty good and you'll never be short of work. And (most importantly) you have a degree of autonomy and you need never fear telling a boss to shove his job up his arse 'cos you can always get another one with little or no notice.;)
And it's great fun, most of the time.

Noodley

You ever thought about the oil industry? Booming at present it is, booming.
It's easy enough to get into, and the pay is very good.

domtyler

Über Member
steve23 said:

plus 90% of the staff are complete c*cks!

Try and define exactly what it is that is making you unhappy.

Is it just the hours? If so, it may not always be reasonable to expect too much flexibility on this as the needs of the business has to come first.

Is it the lack of progression? I know there are some really big warehouses nowadays using all manner of automation equipment. Could you move in to a more technical role?

Top Bottom