So how has your 2021 cycling year been?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

presta

Guru
Non existent.

13 rider

Guru
Cycling wise 2021 hasn't been to bad but personally it's been the worse year of my life and my cycling has kept me going through the tough times
Just clocked up 9000 miles bit down of my normal 11000 but I had more days off the bike than the previous 3 put together .Managed to complete all 3 monthly challenges with separate rides but found the imperial ton one tough ,First staying localish during lockdown then getting bored on long solo rides
Here's hoping 2022 is better for everyone and we can plan some adventures which actually might happen

mpemburn

It was a pretty good year overall. I was out of work for six months (September through March) and was able to get in two or three rides a week during that time. Once behind the plow again, I could only get out on weekends with a few exceptions. My new boss is cool with my taking a few hours off now and again.

Total was 11,800 miles and 61,500 feet in 59 rides. I’ll get out for my 60th ride within the next hour, and I hope to get in a few more next week on my “staycation”.

geocycle

Legendary Member
Mine was good on the whole. No major touring or long rides but have reached 4100 miles so far. These are roughly evenly split between commuting and day rides. I’m particularly pleased to have kept up faux commuting before work on my Thorn when working from home. These have been 10-15 miles along the estuary paths and sometimes up to the local wind turbines. Day rides on my Spa have accounted for 2000 miles with 40,000 m climbed Spread across 46 rides. Highlights included Fleet Moss and Park Rash on the same day, some great rides in Bowland, Malham, Dent and north York moors.

Last edited:

C R

Guru
About the same as last year. If I manage a couple more rides this month I'll beat last year's distance. I failed the half century a month challenge as I didn't really ride in January, which was a disappointment, but hoping to manage it next year. OTOH I managed my longest ride ever in October at 119km, and I have already beaten last year's elevation by 2000m.

On the not so great side, in June I was knocked off my bike by a road raging driver. Fortunately no real damage to me or the bike, but upsetting for my family nonetheless. Today I got a letter to say that he has been charged with driving without due care and attention, leaving the scene and failure to report an accident, so some satisfaction that they'll have to explain themselves to the magistrates.

Here's to an improvement in 2022.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Absolutely awful year for me. Done bugger all cycling. Just lost my mojo.

Hoping for better results next year as I can't get any worse. :laugh:

potsy

Rambler
Well 2021 was the year I got back on my bike(s) after a couple of virtually cycle free years...

Did a few tentative short leisure rides, and then made a return to part time cycle commuting.

Going into 2022 in a much better frame of mind and will look to continue with the commuting as and when, still not got too much appetite for leisure rides though, maybe that will come back too as I get fitter?

Top Bottom