So how many recumbent riders have we?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
OK I admit it. I want a trike. I have no shame.
And Bottlemasher, I didn't say so at the time but I wasn't a complete virgin. I've tried a Linear and a Hase Pino, but a long time ago. I thought it was just a phase I was going through...
*closes closet door behind me*

andharwheel

I rode my recently refurbished Windcheetah on Sunday. Not ridden it for years. What a blast. Wished I had gotten it on the road sooner.

dodgy

Right, it's here now, just gonna go out and give it a shakedown ride.

Question(s):

1. Where is the best place to store a pump on these things? I'm going to have to put one in the seat next to me for the shakedown.

2. What do people use for basic tool/puncture repair stuff storage?

3. The trike came with a single bottle holder, that's not going to be enough for longer rides. What do people recommend?

Cheers,
Dave.

Wee-man

More tea stops!

Johnny Thin

You either need a rack or a tailbox. But failing that you could sling a small rucksack across your chest, I did that for a few months till I got my box, on my Toxy.

David Hembrow also makes a recumbent basket with a hole for a hydration pack thing, which would fit on a rack.

dodgy

Quick pic of it.

speedy.jpg

:ohmy:

Dave.

PaulM

Guru
Dave,

So how do find the seat for comfort? It's rumoured that it only fits 2 people in the known Universe and Mike Burrows is one of them.

Also, how do you find the steering?

Is this a new Cheetah with the two piece main tube? I'm not sure if this is an improvement or a manufacturing convenience. I suppose it might allow a longer boom to be welded on when a trike is passed on

dodgy

PaulM said:
Dave,

So how do find the seat for comfort? It's rumoured that it only fits 2 people in the known Universe and Mike Burrows is one of them.

I find it very comfortable.

PaulM said:
Also, how do you find the steering?

The steering is razor sharp, it takes some getting used to. On my first ride I thought I was going to steer into oncoming traffic, really quite scarey actually. But after a while you get used to it and learn to relax and then you begin to appreciate the sharp handling.

PaulM said:
Is this a new Cheetah with the two piece main tube? I'm not sure if this is an improvement or a manufacturing convenience. I suppose it might allow a longer boom to be welded on when a trike is passed on

I think it's a 1 piece boom. Can't check now, as I just sold it this morning :tongue: Nothing wrong with the trike, but I ride with mates on DFs and it's not compatible.

Dave.

SmileyBoots

Über Member
Another Trike Rider

My first post and hopefully it will appear in the right place.

You can add me to the list of riders.... I've had several 'bents over the last few years but I am now down to just the one -- an ICE 'Q'

Used mainly for commuting between Derby and Belper. I can go slow up the hills without wobbling around and use the combined weight of me and the trike to drop like a stone down the other side.

It's an addictive past time, I was out on my circuit this morning, the demo Expedition is now due a wash. Hit 50mph on a fairly moderate downhill and coasted all the way up the other side, passing a couple of upwrongs while coasting uphill, perverse pleasure.

Top Bottom