So how many recumbent riders have we?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Standoff

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343314516.402685.jpg

Bought this years ago and used it occasionally. Inherited my sons old bike and now clicking up some serious miles. Recumbent is fun but no good at climbing (with me onboard anyway).

Is that a "Velocita"?

Standoff

Yes. Bought off eBay years ago. Great downhill and something special about laying back and cruising along taking in the views. In comparison a similar route on a heavyish conventional bike is about 3mph faster...with me driving anyway!

Recycle

Über Member
HPV Speedmachine & Grasshopper
Grasshopper mainly used for commuting because I can get it onto trains that are restricted to folding bikes.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Collecting a Nazca Fuego on Thursday. :wahhey:

271071052909.jpg

Only 5 more sleeps ! :hyper:

EDIT: Collected today, Monday :wahhey: :hyper:

Now to try riding it .... :sweat:

Recycle

Über Member
I'm salivating.

mrandmrspoves

Middle aged bald git.
Will be adding to the numbers soon.... due to ongoing shoulder problems I cannot currently ride any of my 5 bicycles and have been getting increasingly frustrated at this. Also worried because over last year have really worked to achieve a level of fitness where 100 miles is a pleasant trip out - so have been trying to get a cheap recumbent. Picked up a nice looking old Linear LWB 2 off eBay. A bit of a risk as not seen and I'm aware of the issues some had....but under seat steering is definitely the way to go at the moment. Can't wait for it to arrive so I can go for a spin:smile:

Will be adding to the numbers soon.... due to ongoing shoulder problems I cannot currently ride any of my 5 bicycles and have been getting increasingly frustrated at this. Also worried because over last year have really worked to achieve a level of fitness where 100 miles is a pleasant trip out - so have been trying to get a cheap recumbent. Picked up a nice looking old Linear LWB 2 off eBay. A bit of a risk as not seen and I'm aware of the issues some had....but under seat steering is definitely the way to go at the moment. Can't wait for it to arrive so I can go for a spin:smile:

Good news (maybe)

Linear Cycles has been resurrected and is manufacturing in the US

They also hold some parts (not all) for heritage models

So even if there are issues they may not be insurmountable

mrandmrspoves

Middle aged bald git.
Well my Linear arrived yesterday via Yodel and having put it together this morning it was time to take her out for a test run. A leisurely 19 miles with an average speed of 9.9 mph - so no records broken today (Usually would only average about 13.5 mph on my road bikes) It felt strange at first and I struggled with setting off - but was getting the hang of it by the end.Even managed a couple of "Norfolk hills". The Linear put a big grin on my face. No creaks, rattles or scary things (though the rear tyre has seen better days and will be replaced with a Schwalbe Marathon at the earliest) All in all I am a very happy bunny today as I have not been able to cycle for about 3 months due to shoulder tendonitis (tried 3 weeks ago and was in agony) Today no pain. May do a bit further tomorrow - weather permitting.
399257_10151210886233585_9021848_n.jpg

Top Bottom