So much dangerous driving out there!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rugby bloke

Veteran
Sometimes I think those little cycling boxes are more trouble than they are worth. @rugby bloke :okay:

If Mr Porsche man wants to use it then fine by me.That's one less dickhead to deal with.
Normally I am not too fussed, but in this case I could not believe the arrogance of the guy as he deliberately drove into the box without giving a shoot. I should have lent my Boris Bike against his front bumper and then had a chat !

Last edited:

oldwheels

Legendary Member
It's not just cyclists getting bothered. I was driving south from the Black Isle last Saturday morning and as not a weekday did not expect too much traffic early in the morning. Wrong! My motorhome is reasonably nippy and can keep up with most main road traffic but obviously you cannot throw it around like a sports car.It was clearly bampot Saturday as I lost count of dangerous overtakes on blind bends in both directions. They just had to overtake even tho' I was at or near to the legal limit.

Drago

Legendary Member
Driving back from Cov tonight. 50mph sector of the M1, rigourously controlled with speed cameras. I was doing 50 in lane 1, but pulled into lane 2 and Watford Gap to let a Stobart lorry join. Couldn't get back into traffic, fine, so pegged it at 50 and resigned myself to being stuck in that lane for a mile or so.

Another lorry comes up my arriss, flashing his lights and letting rip with his air horn for me to shift it. Well, I can't go left because of the traffic, and I'm unwilling to speed up just to suit him, so ignored him. He carried on, so Mrs D turned my dash can round to face rearwards, and we got some lovely footage.

I've emailed the firm with a complaint and told them that In expect to hear within 72 hours that its been positively dealt with else the two retired and one serving police officers in the car will be making a formal complaint if careless, improper use of an audible warning device, and using vehicle lighting in a manner intended to cause discomfort to another road user (high beam in broad daylight is difficult to justify).

What a Berk.

Here's a good one.

Out on motorcycle today after mot to give it a run. Riding in primary for motorcycle and see cyclist coming from the other way in primary with cars coming up behind him at speed with no sign of slowing down.

self-gratification artist in car indicates to overtake him and forces me to take avoiding action to avoid a headon collision.

Absolutely livid :evil:

Drago

Legendary Member
I'm thinking of putting my dashcam footage on YouTube, but I'm worried the AA will send Ross Kemp round to duff me up.

Interesting! Just thinking of posting something after today, and saw this thread. It's been a long running 'hobby' of mine to try and work out drivers 'logic', experimenting with road positioning and attire! Pretty certain that 'normal', although colourful, clothes seem to work well, getting less crap passes etc. Still cant master some of the logic though Pleasant enough ride today, but, travelling through a local village on A road, notorious for bad parking, both sides of the road at random! Complete chaos, one selfish driver can, and did, cause a complete jam. Sailed past at least twenty cars, easy peasey! Left the jam way behind, when one of the vehicles eventually caught me up, couldn't overtake immediately, and started sounding horn, and when he did overtake, gesticulated at me to move over. I'd held him up for a few seconds, yet he'd been stuck in the jam for probably five-ten minutes! Can't get my head around that mentality!

Drago

Legendary Member
A little footnote to my complaint. I've had an email from the MD of the company. It seems he takes such matters very seriously, and does not appreiciate his drivers behaving like wazzocks when driving a lorry with the MDs name emblazoned across it.

He assures me the driver has been given a serious rollicking, and will have this months performance bonus of £50 withdrawn. Excellent result - maybe he'll think twice before behaving like a spanner in a 44 tonne kinetic weapon.

Top Bottom