So much for waterproof overshoes...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Nebulous

Guru
I've a fairly short ride home - but it was really wet tonight and the luminites really did the trick. It was surprising how warm they were as well.

That's with ordinary shoes, I haven't had the chance to try them with road shoes yet.

mattsccm

Duct tape around the top helps. Seal the gap around the op .

Pulls the hairs off later as well.

You used to be able to buy thin rubber cuffs to seal dry suits . They would work well. I also find that water works up from below and unless those cleat bolts are well sealed water gets in there.

bobones

Veteran
I'm not overly impressed by the Luminites. They're easy enough to get on and off and they're pretty good in the wet, but the material is very prone to scuffing/holing and I personally don't find them warm enough. I think I'll be looking for something a bit more substantial when the really cold weather starts, possibly Goretex or some nice thick Neoprene jobs. I don't mind having damp feet as long as they're warm and toasty.

martint235

Dog on a bike
Ok just to revive this thread. Tried my new overshoes for the first time today and got wet feet. Ok it was chucking it down with lots of surface water too however I'm wondering if there's a knack to fastening the overshoes I have. They are the Endura ones with velcro all the way up the back from heel to top. Any clues peeps?

Nebulous

Guru
I've used mine about 5 times now including this morning, and they've always been okay, although my commute is only 2 miles. One really cold day I was impressed with how warm they were.

I have them in large, but maybe should have bought a bigger pair, as they are quite tight.

I open them fully, place them over my toes and pull both sides back. I then turn the bottom side around the heel, with a bit underneath, then pull the other side over and join the velcro. Be careful to line it up properly so it's about the same length at the top. I then fasten the footstrap and I'm good to go.

The bottom of the sole is quite open, so over a period of time water could seep in. It helps that I have quite a substantial rubber sole on my shoes.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
Put some of the Endura Luminites on my amazon wishlist only to find that people who buy those also buy Guns 'n Roses Greatest Hits CD. Is there something I should know ?

Friz

The more you ride, the less your ass will hurt.
Put some of the Endura Luminites on my amazon wishlist only to find that people who buy those also buy Guns 'n Roses Greatest Hits CD. Is there something I should know ?

Maybe they're singing to their bikes...

So if you want to love me
then darlin' don't refrain
Or I'll just end up walkin'
In the cold November rain

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
Spot on !
biggrin.gif

Ajax_Gaz

Shut up Legs!
I've been wearing my Endura Luminites for the last two weeks and nothing short of briliant so far. Haven't had a complete down pour for the whole of my ride yet, but lots of rain, lots of standing water, cold temp's as well and my feet have been warm and dry. Top stuff! :thumbsup:

Top Bottom