So much to learn for such a basic thing.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pjd57

Veteran
Blimey. I have a Merc convertible and Mrs.B has an Audi A5
We must be a right pair of cyclist hating wa###rs!

Actually, I’ve had many a heated discussion with Mrs.B about cyclists as she really doesn’t like us. So maybe you’re 33,1/3% correct about our house
Maybe I just have a thing about convertible drivers because we get to hear them swearing at us , while the rest just rant sealed up in their boxes.

jayonabike

Powered by caffeine & whisky
Then you need to learn which car drivers are the biggest ##### on the road.

In reverse order

3) audi
2) any convertible
1) Audi convertable
Well I drive a convertible, and it’s German, and I drive a lorry for a living. I must be right scum in your eyes.:rolleyes:

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
That's so true. Riding a bike is possible for almost anyone,but riding it well and safely isn't. I've often thought about buying a Lambretta or a Vespa scooter (must be a middle aged crisis thing) but left it at the think stage. Yes i could buy one and ride it around,but i don't think at my age it'd be worth learning from experience and mistakes how to ride one properly. If someone my age(57)said to me they were thinking of taking up road cycling having only ridden a mountain bike or a hybrid bike in a park or on the canal path i'd say don't,you're too old to learn from experience. By the time you'll have taken it in you'll have had countless offs a few broken bones and be about 80 years old.
... and a happier, healther person. :okay:

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Fragmented drops of bicycle
Retract, reflect light through clear prisms
Bend spectrum delights.
Silver shot chainset
Hangs high in the sky
Radiating light to be reflected.
Rain drops drop down as I reach home on my Brompton,
Cozy with warm clothes and hot tea,
No need to move around.

Does that sort of thing sum up todays warm fuzzy feeling?

So you were away on a poetry course? :okay:

Ajax Bay

Guru
you could argue that the most efficient form of transport is the one we are all born with: your legs and feet.
Unsucessfully.
https://www.exploratorium.edu/cycling/humanpower1.html

Top Bottom